01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Firmware Update: DS-2CD2712F-1 I cannot get any version from Hikvision's portal to install?

BestGear

Hi Guys

Had two of the 2CD2712F-I cameras for yonks, and want to redeploy them... and want to update their firmware as they have not been updated since purchase.

They are running V5.1.0 Build 131128.

I cannot get any version from Hikvision's portal to installl.... hence my ask for help - I am wondering if there is a version dependency when updating?

I am looking here - and have tried every version and each just states update failed with no error.

I am using an old windows 7 laptop and the plugin works fine - I can see the video in the browser.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi @BestGear

That is the correct firmware and that 'update failed' message sounds similar to what we have seen with cameras that don't support the plug-in free solution for modern browsers.

We would recommend installing the Batch Configuration Tool and try updating the firmware from within the tool instead of the browser, also start with V5.2.0 140721 then update to V5.3.0 150513, then V5.4.5 170123, and finally update to V5.4.800 210813.

Thanks Dan

I tried the batch tool on an old windows 7 laptop (which the plugin worked) and it failed... Installed it on my new Windows 11 laptop and the batch tool worked a charm.

Many thanks for your help.

Reactions: Dan
Back