01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help as a consumer regards ANPR

hikups

Hi all, just thought I would try here for some advice or help.
Basically, after a power cut, our system has lost all ability to save any ANPR data?

System Installed Feb 4th 22:

I was always told to view the CCTV on my PC via IVMS-4200 App.

Although this has been ok, there has been several issues that haven’t worked as they should, such as remote playback not indicating detection between 21:00 and 05:00 approx (but does through the day)? (those little red lines on the blue time line)

The only way to get around this is by viewing the ANPR detection and cross reference the times and dates to the other cameras to see if there has been any unusual behavior. However, the ANPR only works on one entrance to our facility so I would not know if someone is around the back on the other cameras?

8 May 2022
We had a power cut which took out us and the local villages for around 2 hours.
After this power cut the system crashed(?) the ANPR stopped saving any data, but did still save the data previous.

The original installer returned and reset all the system with some online help with Hikvision(?) Tech support. They adjusted some parts of the system such as sensitivity but also said that a certain button had to be pressed when in remote playback to see any detections.(this button is not available to the iVMS user, although it shows activity between certain time, as mentioned above; so I don't get this?)

They also said that the consumer, me, would be far better suited to viewing the system through the IP address Hikvision App via Internet Explorer and not the iVMS as this lacked the button mentioned above and they said it was far too complex and limited for the end user, me.

Hikvision(?) updated the latest firmware but still the ANPR refused to record any data.

Hikvision(?) told the installer to remove the SD card from the ANPR camera and reinsert it which may help as the power cut may have caused an electrical spike?

The installer had to leave us due to other commitments so I said I would reset it for him so we could get it up and running again.
I checked the camera but there was no SD card in the slot (see photo below) The installer said this is impossible as it is the only way it can work and save data and he is now at a complete loss, and we are not getting any benefit of having the ANPR.

In brief:
The ANPR camera does show live footage via the NVR and/or the IE IP or the iOS app viewer but does not record or save any data.
The last image on the ANPR was taken at 15:20:36 on the 8/5/22 right at the time of the power cut.
The other cameras showed no one tampering or interference from a third party with the ANPR (1 camera is 2m away) so the SD card has not been stolen or borrowed, in fact I believe one has never been installed

On a side note, why do Hikvision use 4 (that I know of) viewing/user formats, all being different in their layout and available features?
  • Plug an HDMI directly in the back of the NVR. (our installer uses this way).
  • View via typing in your IP address and logging in. (told by Hikvision to use this method).
  • viewing via the iVMS-4200 app. (poor again as important features missing)
  • View by any IOS gadget (very poor and limited).

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I would first log on to an ANPR camera web interface by going to the camera IP address in your web browser. Although how you do this will depend on if your cameras are plugged into the PoE ports on your NVR or connected via other switches/network.

Once logged in to the web interface go to the "Road Traffic" settings and then "Real-time LPR Result". Enable this if not already enabled and see if any captures are showing over time. If not then check the detection configurations first. If still nothing showing then reboot, if still nothing showing after a reboot it may indicate that it's a faulty camera.

You don't need a SD card for the above to work.

Sorry, for some reason this thread got pulled for admin approval by the software for a second time!
Released again.
Never seen the forum software do that before :0

Back