01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect changes camera's sub-stream FPS and max bitrate settings when you live view using "BASIC"?

johnfitzy

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I not sure when this started... probably with the latest Hik-connect V6.2.1? Only iPhone? Does it happen on all NVRs, or just M-series NVRs?

I have DS-7616NI-M2/16P firmware V5.01.060 build 240110, Hik-connect V6.2.1 on iPhone, and DS-2CD2387G2-LU cameras...

Each camera I "live view" on Hik-connect using "BASIC" has its sub-stream (on the NVR and camera) reduced to 15 FPS and 320 Kbps. The I-frame setting is not changed. If the camera is already at or below 15 FPS and 320 Kbps, the settings are not changed. The same thing happens with a couple of Wi-Fi EZ-Viz cameras I have connected, so I suspect it will happen to any camera.

It's not intermittent, it happens every time... I noticed it when I live viewed 4x4 in the app which uses the "BASIC" stream and all camera sub-streams where "downgraded" together.

I think something similar to this may have happened months/years ago?

Solution
I not sure when this started... probably with the latest Hik-connect V6.2.1? Only iPhone? Does it happen on all NVRs, or just M-series NVRs?

I have DS-7616NI-M2/16P firmware V5.01.060 build 240110, Hik-connect V6.2.1 on iPhone, and DS-2CD2387G2-LU cameras...

Each camera I "live view" on Hik-connect using "BASIC" has its sub-stream (on the NVR and camera) reduced to 15 FPS and 320 Kbps. The I-frame setting is not changed. If the camera is already at or below 15 FPS and 320 Kbps, the settings are not changed. The same thing happens with a couple of Wi-Fi EZ-Viz cameras I have connected, so I suspect it will happen to any camera.

It's not intermittent, it happens every time... I noticed it when I live viewed 4x4 in the app which...

It's not intermittent, it happens every time... I noticed it when I live viewed 4x4 in the app which uses the "BASIC" stream and all camera sub-streams where "downgraded" together.

I think something similar to this may have happened months/years ago?
It'll be 'sub stream adaptive bit rate' setting. It's on by default and needs unchecking (probably in platform access). I've had that kick in on several models with a perfect network connection.

Edit: Renamed 'Adaptive bit rate streaming' on the newer GUI 5 and theres now a separate page for Hik-Connect:

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 17.41.36.png

Upvote 1
Solution
WOW... that's what that's for... worked like a charm... Thanks!!!
I first saw it on the NXI-K1 and K2 models around 11 months ago. I set everything up and couldn't understand what was happening when switching streams - the picture was awful.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am having the same issue with a DS-2CD2386G2-IU camera with latest Firmware (V5.7.15 build 240201). Everytime HIK-Connect is loading the SD stream, all the sub-stream settings in the camera are changed to lower definition ....

Before:
Capture d’écran 2024-03-31 à 21.22.05.png

After:
Capture d’écran 2024-03-31 à 21.21.46.png

When going to platform settings, there is no such settings named "Adaptive bit rate streaming".
I am not using any NVR for this camera.

Does anyone has an idea where I should look? I am using the web-browser and not IVMS.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am having the same issue with a DS-2CD2386G2-IU camera with latest Firmware (V5.7.15 build 240201). Everytime HIK-Connect is loading the SD stream, all the sub-stream settings in the camera are changed to lower definition ....

Before:
View attachment 10860

After:
View attachment 10861

When going to platform settings, there is no such settings named "Adaptive bit rate streaming".
I am not using any NVR for this camera.

Does anyone has an idea where I should look? I am using the web-browser and not IVMS.

Thank you!
Try disabling SVC (Scalable Video Codec)

Upvote 0
unfortunately this did not helped
As there's no specific setting in the camera configuration that enables Hik-Connect altering the stream settings, I could only suggest looking in the Hik-Connect settings for that camera. From the Home page of the app, click the ... menu to the right of the camera name then click Settings. Maybe there's something there. I only have NVRs not directly connected cameras in Hik-Connect so can't check to see what's in that menu but I know that the options in the Settings menu vary by device type.

Upvote 0
Hi JB,

Thanks for your help.
I already had a look to HIK-Connect too but there is also no such setting or any settings relating to stream quality available there.
Looks like there is no solution :-(

Upvote 0
Back