01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect no longer allowing video preview of alerts?

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
I've not made any changes to my NVR or cameras in years. Everything worked just fine up until about two weeks ago, when my alert notifications suddenly no longer include a button to push so I can see the 10 or 15 seconds of the intrusion or line crossing violation. Below is now what I receive - no way to see the video. Again, I've made zero changes to my NVR, cameras, or Hik Connect. WTF?

Hik Connect version: 6.3.250.0516

front door.jpg

Last edited:
It’s working normally on mine. When in the past I’ve had unusual behaviour following an update, I’ll usually log out of Hik-Connect in the app and close the app completely, then re-open and log back in. If that doesn’t work I’ll repeat but disable and re-enable Hik-Connect on the NVR before opening the app again. Worth a try…

It’s working normally on mine. When in the past I’ve had unusual behaviour following an update, I’ll usually log out of Hik-Connect in the app and close the app completely, then re-open and log back in. If that doesn’t work I’ll repeat but disable and re-enable Hik-Connect on the NVR before opening the app again. Worth a try…

Signed out of Hik, rebooted the NVR, logged back into Hik and I've got event video back. Appreciate it dude.

Signed out of Hik, rebooted the NVR, logged back into Hik and I've got event video back. Appreciate it dude.
It seems sometimes the changes to Hik-Connect just get things out of whack for some and this sometimes solves it.

It seems sometimes the changes to Hik-Connect just get things out of whack for some and this sometimes solves it.

It just seems to be such an oddly specific thing to disappear from the interface. But at least it's working. Thanks again, JB.

Back