01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision DS-2DE7A432IW-AEB(T5) auto tracking assistance

JMP95

Hello, please forgive my ignorance as I am new to this. I have recently installed the above camera, along with my NVR (DS-7608NI-K1/8P). and I just cannot seem to be able to get the auto tracking to work. I have successfully logged into my camera through virtual host on the NVR, however the login portal seems to be different than for every video that I have seen for the set up of this feature.

1703997105923.png

This is the UI i am faced with when i log into my ptz camera, i have searched this for 'auto tracking' to no avail. The screenshot below is the page with which all online tutorials are met, only they say 'ptz' on the left menu. and its also the same page format i get when i log into my other fixed cameras (hence no PTZ menu) (3x DS-2CD2347G2-LU)

1703997360810.png

My question is why does my PTZ have a different log in portal/UI on login?
And how can i activate auto tracking on my PTZ camera?
My camera firmware is up to date - i checked this.
I'm not sure about my NVR because the product code (DS-7608NI-K1/8P) when i search for firmware, i am given two options, one for DS-7608NI-K1/8P(D) and one for DS-7608NI-K1/8P(C) and i don't know which one mine is? It doesn't say on the NVR 'about' section.

Any help would be massively appreciated, i've made this purchase in an attempt to ID people who keep coming onto my estate and trying to open car doors and garages, and without the tracking and zoom its pretty much useless.

Thank you

Hi @JMP95

If you login to the PTZ and go to Configuration > System > Basic Information, can you please confirm the firmware version the camera is currently using?

Back