01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2SE7C144IW-AE (S5) PTZ - Short Tracking duration and recording?

rroy

So i have a DS-2SE7C144IW-AE (s5) and i am having the problem where if a subject walks or drives close to the camera it will track and zoom and record ect, but from afar (100mtrs or so) it begins to track then stops and returns home same with if someone walks behind something. my smart tracking duration is set to 300 and park is set to 120. also sometimes when a car starts to drive off the camera zooms in to a different area so not even tracking the subject. any help please as we are a hotspot for theft

fw, v5.5.800 build 210628

Also, when I go to calibrate panoramic tracking it doesn’t move to any new crosshairs. Only the centre one and the small preview screen flashes. And gets stuck at 80%. Any help

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @rroy,

Have you set up the tracking in Configuration>PTZ>Smart Tracking?

You may have better results setting it to work as a linkage action to one of the smart events, such as Intrusion Detection, as shown in this video:

Park action also takes priority of movement over the tracking when set up on the Smart Tracking page, so it may be that this is causing problems.

Also, try setting the smart tracking duration to 0, which equates to "unlimited", and check that the zoom ratio is set to the maximum:
How-to: - Will the smart tracking feature on a Hikvision PTZ camera allow it to zoom in to its maximum zoom ratio automatically?

Finally, try recalibrating your zoom ratio, as Hikivision has recommended doing this in the past for any tracking issues:
  1. Enter the Smart Tracking page and call an unused preset.

2. Adjust the zoom ratio so that the height of a human occupies around 1/3 of the whole image at the furthest point of detection, using the "tracking zoom ratio" slider (there is no need to click anything else to save the new zoom ratio, this will happen automatically).

3. Go back to the live view page and call that unused preset.

4. The new rules / zoom calibration will be applied after 5 seconds, check if the tracking performance is better after this.

I’ve tried all this and still the same issue. All I get is calibration failed.

When do you get the calibration failed message? When you try to calibrate panoramic tracking or the zoom ratio?

Has the issue existed for the whole time that you've had the camera / since a particular firmware update?

Can you share screenshots of the Smart Tracking setting, Park Action settings and the Panorama Tracking pages, please?

Back