01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikvision HD display now not available on Android tablet?

Au175

I’ve recently had a Hikvision 8MP 4k camera set up installed, with an always on display enabled on a tablet. It’s been working fine but today I cannot view the multi camera split screen on HD as it is greyed out. When I change view to single camera then it automatically changes it to Hd, but when I change back to a 4 camera view then it goes back to SD with no option to change. Anyone know why this is as it’s been working fine for the last week? Thanks

Attachments

• 7244D182-CA1A-4B23-9432-B1D0FDFA7E84.jpeg
    7244D182-CA1A-4B23-9432-B1D0FDFA7E84.jpeg
    754.8 KB · Views: 73
Hi @Au175

Did you change anything with the system before the HD feature stopped working? Did you add more cameras? Did you change stream settings for any of the cameras? Did you update the cameras or the app?

What camera and NVR models do you have? What firmware versions are the NVR and each camera currently using?

Are you running the app on an Apple or Android tablet? What version of the Hik-Connect app are you currently using on the tablet?

Changed nothing, just turned the tablet screen back on this morning.

Nothing has been updated, no new cameras added either.

I cannot answer any of the questions as I don’t know. The installer set it all up and has access to all that data. I’ve called him couple times and text but he not answered yet.

I’m running it on android on the tablet. Latest version of the app.

Thanks @Au175

In the app can you go to Me > About and confirm the exact software version you are currently running?

Thanks @Au175

You might have seen a couple of recent posts on the forum of users experiencing issues with the latest version of Hik-Connect, this HD issue might also be related to the app auto-updating to this latest version.

We would also recommend getting in contact with the installer to get help checking and updating the firmware of the NVR and cameras.

I think this has been done as a default now in Hik-Connect, to use the sub-stream when displaying multiple cameras. HD for me also greyed out. I would say that this is to reduce overhead and potential issues trying to display multiple cameras at one go.

Yes, my installer has confirmed the same. I only use on a small tablet screen so from distance you can’t really tell the difference but close up u can.

Back