01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Hikvision Video Intercom Villa Door Station DS-KV6113-WPE1(C).

powell987

Hi,

I have this doorbell that I am trying to connect to my nvr. The problem I'm having is I can't get it to activate and work. I have changed from plug and play to manual and put in the default ip of the doorbell and its still not connecting ? Am I missing something ?
I know it's not the cable as I have it plugged directly into the nvr with a patch lead just to test and still not working ?

Josh

Am I missing something ?
Yes...

You cannot connect it directly to the PoE ports of the NVR as they have no access to the internet (they're on a different network range, 192.168.254.xxx by default). Plug it into your router or into a switch that's connected to your router (via an active PoE injector if the switch or router does not have PoE ports). Once you have it set up that way, it will be visible in the NVR interface so that you can add it to record. If you've already routed the cable to your NVR, you could use a 4/5 port PoE ethernet switch OR a 4/5 port non PoE ethernet switch and an active PoE injector. You would then route the NVRs existing network connection through that switch to save running another cable.

Thanks so I have that sorted now and connected to the router. I can see it on the app on my phone but the playback fails with the following message "streaming media sending or accepting signal timed out"
Thanks for your help !!

Back