01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision Intrusion Detection / Snapshot in the app is 10 secs earlier?

happoo1708

Hello & thanks in advance for your help.
I'm using a network recorder: DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P (latest software)
I'm using four cameras: HI-2742FWDI-39739

I'm pretty happy with the Intrusion detection. It is accurate. But, the picture that is sent to the app (Hik-Connect) is always 10 sec. earlier. So, I never see anybody on the picture. I always have to watch the video to see what happened or who was there. I tried so much to find a solution, but nothing happened.

I did the configuration on the interface of the camera, not on the NVR. I tried it on the NVR and not on the camera, same problem.

Hopefully somebody can help me.

Thank you.

Happens since the last update i guess.

Hi @happoo1708, I suspect this is due to 'Pre-Record' setting being set to 10 seconds, meaning all event clips start before the event is actually triggered, and the picture shown is from the beginning of each video clip.

Log into your NVR in a web browser, and go to Congifuration > Storage > Schedule Settings > Advanced, and then set Pre-Record to 'No Pre-Record'.

However, just be aware that the clip will not show any footage before somebody enters the intrusion zone (although if you're using continuous recording, you can always find this footage through the playback menu anyway).

Back