01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision - LED Banding / Flickering

vbhoj74

We installed few DS-2CD3321G0-I cameras for a client, all is well until they switch on the LED track lights, resulting in horizontal scrolling black bars. I don't think it's electrical or magnetic interference as the PoE switch is with UPS power, and the camera is like 3-4 feet distance with the magnetic tracks. Increasing brightness & WDR helps little but does not mitigate the issue. I'm situated in 50hz/PAL freq zone, and have tried to change the camera to both 50 & 60hz.

Found an article on how to fix this with Dahua cams here , but could not find any Anti-Flicker settings with Hikvision cams, not even with Acusense G2 models. Although the datasheet of the cameras mentions it has anti-flickering. Any suggestions on how to go about this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 342
  • lights1.jpg
    lights1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 309
  • unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 422
We installed few DS-2CD3321G0-I cameras for a client, all is well until they switch on the LED track lights, resulting in horizontal scrolling black bars. I don't think it's electrical or magnetic interference as the PoE switch is with UPS power, and the camera is like 3-4 feet distance with the magnetic tracks. Increasing brightness & WDR helps little but does not mitigate the issue. I'm situated in 50hz/PAL freq zone, and have tried to change the camera to both 50 & 60hz.

Found an article on how to fix this with Dahua cams here , but could not find any Anti-Flicker settings with Hikvision cams, not even with Acusense G2 models. Although the datasheet of the cameras mentions it has anti-flickering. Any suggestions on how to go about this would be appreciated.
There's no anti banding setting for those cameras as far as I'm aware, but if the cameras are connected via a Hikvision NVR, ensure you're looking at the settings directly in the cameras menu as opposed to the NVR. The latest firmware for the ColorVu G2 (G5 firmware) has added a switch for anti banding, but I've not found it much use - one of my own cameras suffers the issue and the setting didn't rectify it. In the UK we're in 50Hz PAL, however I did find some improvement using 60Hz NTSC on the affected camera. I also found that the issue appears more prominent at shorter exposure times (it's a lot less obvious at 1/50s than it is at 1/200s)

For one of the G2 models in our lab, this is true, setting of exposure 1/200 induces banding, and keeping it at 1/50 or less almost clears it, with 50Hz. Have not tried 60Hz with that, will try.

for the customer installation, the DS-2CD3321G0-I was initially at 1/25 (thats the default setting), if I remember I had set it to 1/100, 50hz (default in our region) with brightness & WDR at 80+, and FPS @ 15, this reduced the effect, but it's no where near acceptable. 60Hz made it even worse which was understandable. Upping the FPS to 25 is what I have thought of trying when I get the chance next, somewhere I read the FPS should be perfectly divisible by the frequency i.e. 50Hz here.

Upping the FPS to 25 is what I have thought of trying when I get the chance next, somewhere I read the FPS should be perfectly divisible by the frequency i.e. 50Hz here.
Unfortunately that's how I have mine set but still see the issue - 25FPS, 50Hz.

It's strange as I have two identical models, with identical settings and one suffers with the banding problem while the other does not. They are positioned on the same wall about 15' apart, angled at 45 degrees looking back toward each other, and each has the same LED light source immediately beneath it.

The first time I remotely viewed my garage camera while pointed at an LED shop light I thought the camera was on the way out. It wasn't until I turned the light off that I realized what was happening.

Back