01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR DS-7716NI-K4/16P Password Reset?

buster21

Hi All,

I have a DS-7716NI-K4/16P NVR that I have no clue as to what the password or pattern is to log in. Is there a backdoor way to gain access to the nvr at all?

I have emailed Hikvision Tech Support, but I don't have hi-hopes of them actually emailing me back with a security key (I guess we can see).

I have tried different methods from other sources to obtain a secrity key but no luck so far. SADP tool just says 'Failed to reset Password. Device Denied'...

Firmware Version is V3.4.100 build 180626

Hi @buster21

There is no way to hard reset the DS-7716NI-K4/16P NVRs, you will need to contact Hikvision support and/or your original seller/installer to arrange a password reset.

If you can't get responses from either of the above then the only other option is to buy a new NVR, the K-series NVR you currently have is long obsolete so we would recommend upgrading to a new DS-7716NI-M4/16P M-series NVR (if the current cameras are plugged directly into the PoE ports on the K-series NVR you will likely need to hard reset these cameras if you do upgrade the NVR because these cameras will also be using the password you don't know).

Back