01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How can I improve the blurry picture on my cameras, set auto-tracking on my PTZ and use facial recognition on the NVR?

MECKenzie

Hello everyone,

{i typing this at the start but ive already finished this message so i type this to ask you…. please do not skip this due to the length of this message. I have learning difficulties and have tried my best to word things correctly. I’m sorry for it being so long. But thank you.}

I’m here finding myself asking for {quite a bit} of you’re help please if i may. My brief back story is that i bought a package deal which consisted of 4 cameras all wiring and instillation an NVR and what was supposed to be a 3TB HDD. I just kept getting told “we will come out to fix everything after Christmas and bring your correct HDD with us too”… well last was December 2022 and im still awaiting.

I feel quite silly asking for this help because id like to think im intelligent but clearly not. So i purchased…

• 1x NVR = DS-7604NI-K1/4P
  • 3x DS-2CD2347G2-LU - ColorVu
  • 1x DS-2CD2346G2IU - Darkfighter
  • 1x 2TB HDD.

When ordering it was explained to me that this NVR was an “excellent NVR with all the latest kit on it. It will easily last you 10 years”.

Further to this i had purchased a 3TB HDD and not a 2TB HDD however when i figured this out i was told “we will come after Christmas and fix these mistakes”. I was also having GREAT difficulty in the picture quality. Christmas 2022 came and went and still my issues were not and are still not sorted.

After a friend of mine told me that my NVR was actually an externally old bit of kit and not “top of the range” as it had been described to me… knowing absolutely nothing about NVR’s i went and purchased another NVR.

So i purchased my new (3 months old) from a different company however when purchasing i was told that the camera that i was buying with it, was able to track people automatically and that it also had facial recognition software on the camera too…

This now gets us to my problem, ive either been scammed by yet another company or im just plainly thick (it very much so could be the latter), but i am struggling with it sooo much. 3 months now ive looked online, tried to tweet things, tried to fix things and frankly i cannot do it. This is now leading me wanting to go get another NVR however, priced at £700+ its a lot of money…

Therefor i figured as a last hope before i go spending ridiculous money i would ask you kind folks and just hopes someone can / is willing to help me in some way.

My main issues is that when people walk past my cameras, especially at night, they’re kinda all pixelated, or blurry. This is mainly on my PTZ and on my 2 non-Hikvision cameras.

I think when it boils down to everything i think it very much could be something to do with the settings on both my NVR and maybe the cameras themselves.

My current equipment is as follows…

• NVR - DS-7608NXI-12/8P/S(AE3810001)
  • 1x DS-2DE4A425IWG-E - PTZ
  • 3x DS-2CD2347G2-LU - ColorVu
  • 1x DS-2CD2346G2IU - Darkfighter
  • 2x Tapo C225 via ONVIF

The reason i got that specific NVR and PTZ was because i was informed that the NVR has facial recognition ability and the camera would also have facial recognition and that my darkfighter that i already have would also work with it (which it does).

However, not only can i not get my PTZ to actively follow someone if they come close but i also can’t sort the facial software out either.

I genuinely just feel like the first package i was sold was just a rip off, but that as a customer your just left high and dry to figure things out on your own and as i say, for the last 3 months at the minimum i have genuinely lost soooo much sleep over this.

If you’re still reading this then i just want to thank you because i know its a lot.

Finally though i briefly just want to explain why im mainly asking for your help… ive previously been broken into. I was sectioned for a while as i was in a bad way, i then got broken into literally whilst in the cuckoo’s nest. I’m also wheelchair & house bound, so for me, my security is literally paramount.

I know it would be best to upload a load of pictures im guessing but i need to know what information do i need to cover up before posting the images? Someone told me a numbered address? This means nothing to me…

This is the only reason ive not added anything yet.

And please, i only shared certain information to try and describe my urgency in getting the issue sorted and my frustration for people taking advantage of me.

I will upload pictures of my camera’s so you can see what i mean just from last night, but i know the settings or something much be wrong but here you are….

I would think about blurring the takeaway driver and then my neighbours out of the picture, however i dont need to because its that blurry i can’t even see their faces anyways.

The camera that is facing the door is my PTZ and cost me around £426.13 including bracket and internet cable.

The camera facing the carpark is my Tapo-C225 cost me around £60 (now sells for £41).

My issue other than the blurriness my PTZ does not automatically follow and the facial section isn’t working either. Again, im sure it may be in the settings but i just have no idea what to change, how to change it or even what to change it too.

It just seems like the second someone knows you have no idea what the heck you’re doing, all help goes out the window.

If you have read all this im sure you’ll have realised i do have some learning difficulties and so ill apologise to anyone of you and all of you who have sat their for a good 5 minutes of your day in order to read this.

For anyone willing to, or is able to help and assistance me, i give you eternal gratitude. Thank you ever so much.

Kind regards,
Damon.

Attachments

• IMG_7080.jpeg
    IMG_7080.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7082.jpeg
    IMG_7082.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7083.jpeg
    IMG_7083.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
Hi Damon, thanks for all of the information.

I think the first thing to mention is that I don't think you'll be able to improve the image from the Tapo C225s.
You could try accessing their settings directly on the camera (I believe by using the Tapo mobile app), to make sure you have the highest resolution and best starlight settings enabled.

However, I think this is just a limitation of the inferior hardware and sensor on these budget cameras - as it's an indoor camera, I assume it is looking through a window, which will also affect the picture quality at night.

I've used a C225 before, and although they're great cameras for the price, I noticed it struggled in low-light as they are designed for indoor spaces.

However, you should be able to get a clear image from the DS-2DE4A425IWG-E.
Could you clarify where this camera is located, what it is covering, and share a screenshot of the picture you're seeing on it please?

You will need to log into it directly by following these steps:

You will then be able to access all the camera's advanced image and low-light settings in Configuration>Image>Display Settings.

You will also be able to set up the tracking by creating a smart event on the camera, and then ticking "smart tracking" in the "linkage method" menu for the event, which will get the camera to track whatever triggers the event. This video has in-depth instructions:

With regards to facial detection, you will need to enable target recognition engine in System > Smart Settings > Algorithm Configuration > Algorithm Management - then, you should be able to complete the setup covered from page 67 in this manual.

The NVR you now have should be fine for your setup, bust the limited bandwidth means you should be cautious of adding any more Hikvision cameras, as you are probably now close to its limit :)

Back