01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How Do I Access Live & Recorded Video from my NVR on a Tablet?

Ken

Hi, I'm new to this forum and CCTV, so sorry if this is very basic. 4 PoE camera and 2TB NVR set up, no real problems. Internet connection to NVR easy. Tablet access to NVR using IP address shows setting and management (inc. still pictures from cameras), but no Preview or Playback. NVR set to record Motion and I can see dates and times of recordings, but no video. Do I really have to use an App on my Tab to see video, please?

Hi @Ken

What NVR model do you have?
Which browser are you using to access the NVR on the tablet?

Hi Dan
NVR is Electriq TLKP-840, I know I should have asked around more before I bought. No badge, but I think it's really an ANNKE, probably not a current model.
Tab is Samson with Google/Chrome
Does this forum only support Hikvision customers?

Thanks @Ken

We do primarily answer a lot of Hikvision questions here but that is simply because they are the most popular CCTV brand in the world.

Offering technical support for rebadged/OEM products is tricky because the firmware an ANNKE NVR uses will be different to the custom firmware of the Electriq one you use and different again to another rebadged ANNKE NVR.

The product page for this NVR at the ElectriQ website says it can be accessed remotely with the XMEye App, we would give this a try as it is likely the most stable way to access this OEM NVR.

Dan, many thanks for replying. Apart from XMEye the Electriq manual (single sheet of paper) also instructs me to use e-seenet.com. Both these App have very poor reviews and want access to my files, so I am not inclined to use them. Hence my question "do I have to use an App on my Tab to obtain live and recorded video". I can get a still camera shot, so I assume the "healthy" internet connection is OK. Do I righty assume from your reply that the remote video is a function of the Firmware on the NVR?

Sorry, must have hit wrong key!
I was going to ask if buying a branded NVR and transferring my 2TB HDD might be a way forward?
Cheers Ken

Hi @Ken

I think a branded NVR will be the best option as it will run more up-to-date firmware, have better modern browser support, and have a better mobile app solution.

Back