01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to add 8 ip cameras into a hikvision dvr?

sk.gupta507

how to add more than 2 ip cameras into hikivision dvr (DS-7B16HQHI-K2) its a 16channel dvr but i have 8 ip cameras no analog (normal) cameras.
if someone can provide me with a solution

Solution
how to add more than 2 ip cameras into hikivision dvr (DS-7B16HQHI-K2) its a 16channel dvr but i have 8 ip cameras no analog (normal) cameras.
Make sure the DVR is on the latest firmware first. On the local DVR menu in the camera section you can usually switch any non used analogue channels across to IP.

If you have the latest available firmware but the option isn’t there, you’re out of luck and would need to replace the DVR with a newer one (though a NVR would offer far better performance)
Make sure the DVR is on the latest firmware first. On the local DVR menu in the camera section you can usually switch any non used analogue channels across to IP.

If you have the latest available firmware but the option isn’t there, you’re out of luck and would need to replace the DVR with a newer one (though a NVR would offer far better performance)

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Solution
thanks for the valuable input as u said iam on the latest firmware but i dont have thyat option
is it not possible to flash a custom firmware to the dvr. if u know f any such custom firmware let me know
and i appriciate ur help and time u have given for my query.

Upvote 0
thanks for the valuable input as u said iam on the latest firmware but i dont have thyat option
is it not possible to flash a custom firmware to the dvr. if u know f any such custom firmware let me know
and i appriciate ur help and time u have given for my query.
You didn’t mention what version of firmware you’re on so it’s not possible to say whether you are on the latest version. The DVR and /or app may say there’s no newer version but that means nothing as the firmware check doesn’t work.

If you are on the latest version already there’s no option but to replace the unit. There is no custom firmware. Do not replace it with another DVR; you have only IP cameras so get a NVR.

Upvote 0
You didn’t mention what version of firmware you’re on so it’s not possible to say whether you are on the latest version. The DVR and /or app may say there’s no newer version but that means nothing as the firmware check doesn’t work.

If you are on the latest version already there’s no option but to replace the unit. There is no custom firmware. Do not replace it with another DVR; you have only IP cameras so get a NVR.
thanks for the solution
ur help is appriciated. its time to buy a new NVR i guess

Upvote 0
thanks for the solution
ur help is appriciated. its time to buy a new NVR i guess
Hello my dvr currently running on the V3.5.22, build 170927 is it the latest version is there a newer version available. If available can i get the firmware download link.
Cause I was unable to find for my DVR model DS-7B16HQHI-K2

Upvote 0
Hello my dvr currently running on the V3.5.22, build 170927 is it the latest version is there a newer version available. If available can i get the firmware download link.

Attachments

• 17053137182544325694297377471248.jpg
    17053137182544325694297377471248.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 56
Upvote 0
I'm not familiar with that model. When you said '7B16' I thought maybe it was a typo and you meant '7816'. We've never had that model in the UK so I can't advise.

Upvote 0
Found it on Hikivision's India site.
Found the specs on Hikvision's India site. Maybe search there to see if there is updated firmware.

Upvote 0
Back