01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect I Moved an Existing Hikvision Camera to a New NVR PoE Port and I am Now Having Issues with it in Hik-Connect?

R_M

Hi all, more head scratching problems.

When they bought out the 4K live guard colorvu’s, I upgraded one of my existing front facing 4K colorvu to the latest type.

Being only a few months old I kept the cam in the garage until I decided where I wanted to put it back up. I decided on a location and set about fitting it. Along with 2 new cams.

I was aware the camera may not work on a new port, and when I tried with it patch lead it didn’t work. I reset the camera and tried again. The camera came online in HikConnect and was visible on the NVR.
I then fitted, logged in and setup notifications and all seemed good.
Following day the camera was showing offline in HikConnect.
It was still showing online when logged on. But live view no longer worked.

The curveball is, I can playback footage from this camera in HikConnect, despite it saying it’s offline. The NVR has been restarted etc and still the same. Any ideas for a quick fix? The guy I’ve been using for support is away this week.

Hi all, more head scratching problems.

When they bought out the 4K live guard colorvu’s, I upgraded one of my existing front facing 4K colorvu to the latest type.

Being only a few months old I kept the cam in the garage until I decided where I wanted to put it back up. I decided on a location and set about fitting it. Along with 2 new cams.

I was aware the camera may not work on a new port, and when I tried with it patch lead it didn’t work. I reset the camera and tried again. The camera came online in HikConnect and was visible on the NVR.
I then fitted, logged in and setup notifications and all seemed good.
Following day the camera was showing offline in HikConnect.
It was still showing online when logged on. But live view no longer worked.

The curveball is, I can playback footage from this camera in HikConnect, despite it saying it’s offline. The NVR has been restarted etc and still the same. Any ideas for a quick fix? The guy I’ve been using for support is away this week.
Just remove the camera from your Hik-Connect account. You would usually only add the individual cameras to Hik-Connect if they're connected standalone on your network. If they are managed by an NVR on site, whether connected directly to a PoE port or connected to your local network (using the router or a switch connected to it) they don't need to be added to your Hik-Connect account - only the NVR does. The NVR's connection to Hik-Connect allows all cameras to be viewed using the app.

It sounds as though you're playing back footage in Hik-Connect using the NVR's connection and the cameras previous direct connection is offline. Resetting the camera has switched off Hik-Connect on that camera. It shouldn't have been on in the first place, with an NVR in use there's no need. I have 9 cameras at home and only 2 devices in my Hik-Connect account - the NVR and the indoor station for my intercom (needed for call notifications)

There's no benefit (that I can think of) from having both the NVR and the cameras registered with Hik-Connect. If anything the multiple connections may cause issues. With a web browser log in to your Hik-Connect account online and see what devices are listed there.

Reactions: Dan
Back