01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I Need Help Choosing an NVR & Cameras

patrickfrank

Hello. I'm looking to install a CCTV system for my home, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the options available since I'm not familiar with the various brands and their security features.

I need cameras for outdoor use—specifically for the front entrance, both sides of the house, and one overlooking the garden. I’ve heard that wired cameras are generally better than wireless ones. I don’t want to compromise on home security, so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have installed a system they’re satisfied with.

Hi @patrickfrank

The most cost-effective system we would recommend for a residential install is a Hikvision system.

With the minimal information you have provided, we would recommend a DS-7608NI-M2/8P 8ch NVR and for the cameras, we would recommend either DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU 4MP Hybrid Light Turrets or DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU 8MP Hybrid Light Turrets.

There might be other models that are more suitable for the specific scenarios you might have, but we would need more details of the installation site (e.g. photos, site plans, etc...) for us to be more specific in our camera recommendations.

Hi @patrickfrank

The most cost-effective system we would recommend for a residential install is a Hikvision system.

With the minimal information you have provided, we would recommend a DS-7608NI-M2/8P 8ch NVR and for the cameras, we would recommend either DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU 4MP Hybrid Light Turrets or DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU 8MP Hybrid Light Turrets.
thank you so much for your suggestion

Back