01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY - Workarounds for getting motorcycle plates/events anyone?

SeanJ

I am having a good experience with the iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY camera and vehicle capture but finding motorcycle events does take a while looking through the pic history or scrolling the playback video.

I can see the metadata flying off the motorcycle plates as the green box surrounds them and I'd be happy with a no plate read as long as it was an event.

Getting them to appear in the 'real time analyze' column on the smart display would be a big bonus, but I realise the algorithm here captures vehicles and is not for motorcycles, it does auto catch the odd bike that is wide or with storage paniers on it occasionally but that's it.

I wondered if there was anything else to learn in case there was a hack or any 3rd party firmware around?

Clearly I could buy the latest HIK anpr cam but for now that's not an option. :)

Sean

I have various generations of these cameras and although I have not done any testing of motorbike plates the only things that help captures in general for me is:

1) Zooming the camera in further or even fully (of course you will lose surroundings).

2) Set a high exposure (I use 1/2000 but this does mean the camera feed is black at night but more likely to capture plates at night).

Both negatives for me are irrelevant as I have other normal non-anpr cameras in the same places. Mine capture all sorts of text on side of vans, even cyclists T-shirt text etc, so they are not just capturing car plates. I think the main issue with motorbike plates is the smaller (sometimes tiny!) dimensions of the plates.

I have various generations of these cameras and although I have not done any testing of motorbike plates the only things that help captures in general for me is:

1) Zooming the camera in further or even fully (of course you will lose surroundings).

2) Set a high exposure (I use 1/2000 but this does mean the camera feed is black at night but more likely to capture plates at night).

Both negatives for me are irrelevant as I have other normal non-anpr cameras in the same places. Mine capture all sorts of text on side of vans, even cyclists T-shirt text etc, so they are not just capturing car plates. I think the main issue with motorbike plates is the smaller (sometimes tiny!) dimensions of the plates.
Thanks for those suggestions, i tried both. Shutter speed i went to 2k then 4k but not helping with grabbing a motorbike plate nor zooming right in either unfortunately. i catch the odd large pannier/storage holding motorbike but anything narrower isn't registering. My angle is good as i get 99% of car plates. The camera fulfills it's brief very well and MC plate recognition wasn't a feature . I think when stationary it can grab them according to the blurb but I don't see many of them here! I'll have to suck it up until I can stump up for something like the HIK iDS-TCM403-BI if i want my cake and eat it i guess. :)

Last edited:
Back