01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Image from my Hikvision cameras is not clear at Night?

ahmedabdulla

Good Morning Colleagues

I hope you are doing well and safe . We have installed 3 IP Cameras at one of our customers . At daylight , The picture from the three IP Cameras is good but at the night the picture from the backside & leftside cameras is not clear . Kindly find the below details regarding the IP Cameras & NVR:

**The part number of front Side & backside Camera:**DS-2CD2143G2-IU

The part number of Leftside Camera: DS-2CD2T43GO-I5

The part number of NVR: DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)

Is there any setting in NVR that needed to be done or anything in the positioning of those IP Cameras is needed to be modified to solve this issue ?

Best Regards

Attachments

• Backside - Daylight.jpeg
    Backside - Daylight.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Backside - Night.jpeg
    Backside - Night.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Frontside - Daylight.jpeg
    Frontside - Daylight.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Frontside - Night.jpeg
    Frontside - Night.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Leftside - Daylight.jpeg
    Leftside - Daylight.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Leftside - Night.jpeg
    Leftside - Night.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 130
For the left side, you simply need to turn the camera away from the wall. Trying to centre the path in the image is causing the infra red to reflect off the wall and the camera is lowering the overall exposure to compensate. As a result you’ve a darker image. Swing it away so the wall is not in view. You’ll also want to use privacy zones as the centre of the image will point at the neighbouring property. A narrower angle lens (6mm), using corridor mode to rotate invert the aspect ratio, or a varifocal model may have been better here.

Backside (and left side) There’s just insufficient light probably for a decent image with that model. A dark fighter turret (2346/2386) would provide a clearer image.

Good Morning Guru
Thanks for your detailed replay and good explanation . Kindly find my below notes:
  • The camera used at leftside is fixed 2.8 mm . What i understand that only 6mm using corridor mode . So does this fixed 2.8 mm has this mode ?
  • So if we used dark-fighter model (I proposed to customer DS-2CD2146G2-I but we didn't find it) for leftside camera & backside camera , This should make the picture clear similar to frontside camera ?

Best Regards

The camera used at leftside is fixed 2.8 mm . What i understand that only 6mm using corridor mode . So does this fixed 2.8 mm has this mode ?
2.8mm on these cameras provides a very wide angle. The only occasions that I use 2.8mm is when the camera is mounted low (3 metres) and the subject to be covered will be close to the camera. For instance I'd use 2.8mm when the camera is immediately adjacent a front door to avoid blind spots beneath the camera. I have one mounted low at the front of my house and as my car is parked within a couple of feet of the wall, the extreme wide angle is needed to keep it in view. Otherwise I'd always use 4mm. 6mm versions are produced but they're generally difficult to find and most suppliers only get them to order resulting in long lead times. A vari-focal model (usually 2.8 - 12mm) gives great flexibility allowing you to frame what you want.

Corridor mode is available on many models. Directly in the cameras web page menu (not the NVRs) there may be a 'rotate' option. You physically rotate the camera 90 degrees and select the rotate option in camera. That switches the 16:9 format image to 9:16. That can work well with a camera viewing along a corridor, path or driveway where the width is not needed. It works best with the turret models (23xx). Unfortunately enabling the rotate mode, disables the camera events.

So if we used dark-fighter model (I proposed to customer DS-2CD2146G2-I but we didn't find it) for leftside camera & backside camera , This should make the picture clear similar to frontside camera ?
Yes quite possibly. The 2x46 models have minimum illumination of 0.003lx at f1.4 whereas the the 2x43 are 0.005lx at f1.6. DS-2CD2346G2-I(U) would be better, I wouldn't recommend domes. Residue from the rain dries on the glass. The infra red reflects off the residue and often a clear daytime image becomes a blurred mess when it's dark and the IR is on. To some extent you can already see that in the image of your backside! (pun intended). You could improve that image substantially now by wiping the dome with a damp microfibre cloth - seriously. Also stray light from car headlights and other sources can spoil the image. You don't tend to get those issues with the turrets due to the flat lens/IR panel - I've a camera that I haven't cleaned for several years that is crystal clear still.

Last edited:
Thx JB1970 for your detailed explanation . I will try to replace Dome with another Bullet IP Camera that we have in stock.

For the leftside camera since it is very closed to the wall , I think to purchase camera holder so the camera is away from the wall . What's your opinion?

Best Regards

I think to purchase camera holder so the camera is away from the wall . What's your opinion?
It'll make no difference. A 103 degree viewing angle is still 103 degrees if you move it away from the wall.

Back