01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion detection has stopped working on one camera?

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
For Dan, who I know is going to ask for this :)

7608 I-Series on 4.61.025
DS-2CD2347G1-l on 5.6.820 set to continuous record and alerts.

For several weeks now the intrusion detection has failed to work. Line crossing is working just fine.

I'm a pretty good hobbyist user and know my way around the NVR and cameras pretty well. The areas settings are correct, the schedule is 24/7, and I have the proper boxes ticked for linkage method and trigger recording. I've changed none of these settings in years. But it will not detect intrusions.

I deleted all the settings and rebuilt them and saved them. I rebooted the camera and rebooted the NVR. And it's not just a HikConnect issue, because the logs on the NVR are showing line detection, but not intrusion detection.

What on Earth could be causing this all of a sudden? The other 7 cameras (same model) are working just fine. Just this one is suddenly giving me problems.

Similar issues exist on my G5 too. Same target on same position detected by motion but not detected either from Line crossing or Intrusion detection. Other times of day detected, others not. Sometimes a Human is not detected at all and a few minutes later another Human is normally detected. Sometimes events are recorded as Events or seen on NVR Alarm list(100 events) but not found as VCA search by rules on timeline. I believe this is their libraries and there is never complete compatibility(dual VCA and save camera VCA data) between firmwares of cameras and NVRs.

Try log out from your HikConnect app clear data and cache, delete regions from both NVR and camera, start clearing from NVR and check if something remains on camera GUI setting, reboot both of them and check. Do not log in HikConnect until you find out if this is the cause.

Hard reset the camera, rebuilt all the parameters, and rebooted the NVR. Intrusion detection now seems to work, after all other methods failed. Getting real tired of the reset/reboot/rebuild/update firmware BS on this equipment to fix problems.

Back