01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP Camera and MiFi Hotspot

berzerk

hi all, first time poster, i really want an outdoor security camera but i heard they need to be wired to a router with an ethernet cable, i only have a MiFi hotspot dongle that doesnt have any ethernet ports, would i still be able to set up an IP camera and what would i need to get to do that?, also i would prefer if the camera was able to record 24//7 instead of only recording when activated by a motion sensor.

thanks for any help,

You just need to use WiFi camera that you connect to your WiFi network.

For recording you use continuously recording instead of motion detection.

As simple as that.

looking at the wireless outdoor cameras i cant seem to find any that offer non paid for storage and 24/h recording, do you have any suggestions? also does anyone else know if i could setup a router to connect to my MiFi so that i could plug an ethernet cable into the camera or NVR?

that looks like a good camera i will look into that one, when i say "MiFi" its what they call mobile internet in the UK, it's a small 4G wireless mobile hotspot modem, its the e5573 Model, and doesnt have any ethernet ports, only provides Wireless internet.

Use that wifi from mifi to connect camera onto internet. Wireless is enough for that camera + 12V ofcourse.

Back