01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Live view of multiple Hikvision 180 degree panoramic cameras?

KJ. Benjamin

Hello,

I have 8 Hikvision cameras like this: DS-2CD6984G0-IHS28 and I cannot live view them.

They have only main stream, and the minimum resolution that can be setup is 8160 × 2304.

I tried IVMS4200 but my PC freezes when I live view 3-4 camera at once.
I tried another PC, that have i7 processor, 32 GB RAM, and a video card, network card is on 1 GB/s, I also installed Hik-Central professional Trial version, V2.5 but the same thing happens. If I try to live view more than 3-4 camera at once it lags.

Do I need some better system requirements for monitoring or what should I do to monitor them all?

Some ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi @KJ. Benjamin

I'm not sure there is any system that will support viewing multiple of these panoramic cameras simultaneously.

The issue is that each of these cameras has 4 x 8MP sensors (for 8 cameras that means a total of 32 x 8MP sensors) and the images captured by those 8MP sensors are being stitched together to create a panoramic image that is more than 18MP, most Hikvision NVRs will only support recording one channel at a resolution this high so you are probably going to have the same problem trying to record/view multiple of these cameras via the iVMS-4200 software.

The other thing to point out is that these panoramic cameras don't produce a standard 16:9 resolution image, so there isn't really going to be any way you can split up a single live view display to view 4 or more of these cameras simultaneously without squashing/stretching the image.

At most, you can probably simultaneously view 3 of these cameras at once with a custom live view layout splitting the screen into 3 stripes (top/middle/bottom) to get the full panoramic experience with minimal distortion.

Thank you very much for your reply.

The current setup is with 2 NVR-s, I can not tell at the moment what type of NVRs are they, but I know that they are running on multiple channels. So the recordings are working, I can at the moment watch simultaneously 3 cameras at once without lag.

I just would like to setup a screen with all those 8 cameras to live view, the rest is working at the moment.

I was also wondering if my video card hardware accelerator can not process 4k and it is limiting itself.

Back