01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect My Hik-connect app has reverted to basic interface only?

Sheru

Hi,
I am new to this forum and would like if someone can help and give me some info about the hik-connect app.

A good few months ago after an app update my app changed to the new interface which gave me more functions on the app such as intelligent detection, controls for motion detection, and options to upgrade device and cameras from the app.

At the start of this month my app has suddenly reverted back to a basic interface and those functions have disappeared, the app version is V6.6.300.

Has anyone else had this problem?

My nvr is DS-7604NI-K1/4P firmware version V4.75.206 build 240119, when I look on the nvr it says both device and cameras are on the latest firmware.

There should be another Hik-Connect update (Version 6.6.410) for iOS.

Does updating to this sort your issues?

the app hasn’t updated again how would I get it to update as I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it’s still on the 6.6.300 version, I am in the uk

I see the new version of the app there in the App Store but it’s not sorted the problem still basic user interface and no options for intrusion detection or other updated settings

Could you send a screenshot of what you are seeing, please?

What are you running Hik-Connect on (iPhone or iPad etc.) and what iOS version is it running?

I suspect @Sheru that you are viewing a device that has been added as a 'local' device found on the network, rather than a device that is bound to your Hik-Connect account. That would explain why some features are not visible, as they depend on the use of the Hik-Connect service and not just the app.

1 - Confirm by checking your NVR in Network Settings > Advanced > Platform Access, that Hik-Connect is enabled, it is showing 'online' and that it showing linked for binding status (all visible on that one page)

2 - In your Hik-Connect app click on 'Me' and ensure that you are logged into the Hik-Connect account.

It is on iPhone and iOS 18

Attachments

• IMG_3702.png
    IMG_3702.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 15
Also this happened before I upgraded to iOS 18, if you see from the screenshot there is no option there for intelligent detection or any of the other new controls/functions

The intelligent detection setting was only available where a camera is connected directly to Hik-Connect. It won't show where cameras are connected to the NVR with the NVR connected to Hik-Connect.

Ok thank you for your replies how do I connect the cameras directly to Hik-connect ? On the nvr platform access settings it is bound and status online

Ok thank you for your replies how do I connect the cameras directly to Hik-connect ? On the nvr platform access settings it is bound and status online
You can't if the cameras are plugged directly into the PoE ports of the NVR. It's only possible where the cameras are connected to your local network.

Last edited:
Ok but it was working so that is weird as the cameras and nvr were set up a couple of years ago and nothing changed with the set up it’s when the app updated I got the intelligent detection and then at the start of this month the installer for some reason rebooted my system and then intelligent detection disappeared from the app, is the firmware version for my nvr the most up to date one ?

Ok but it was working so that is weird as the cameras and nvr were set up a couple of years ago and nothing changed with the set up it’s when the app updated I got the intelligent detection and then at the start of this month the installer for some reason rebooted my system and then intelligent detection disappeared from the app, is the firmware version for my nvr the most up to date one ?
I'm not sure why that feature would've shown and then disappeared, all I can say is that I've only seen it where the IP camera was standalone and directly connected to Hik-Connect. Your firmware is up to date.

I know this is strange as the cameras have always been connected to the nvr and the new features were there on the app I guess I will have to do without it now, thank you for replying

Back