01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

need some advice regrding my camera install wireing

buncey

need some advice regrding my camera install wireing.

im fitting 2 mounts on foam insulated rendered wall. my question is regarding unsightly wires. i wanted to make it look a bit more tidy as black cat5 wire does stand out from grey wall and just moves around in wind. i thought maybe use white conduit to hide wires starting from where the exit point of camera wire comes through wall down to cctv mount. also thought white conduit would maybe blend in and match the wall mounts making to make it look neater install.
however is too high its around 8m high for my ladders also the wall is a rendered 90mm Grey Polystyrene (EPS) so normal cable clips wont work to keep cat 5 secure to wall

ive thought about ladder hire. and got couple quotes just to fit conduit but quotes were silly.

just wanted some advice, what you guys maybe would do in my situation? maybe give me a better idea or some pointers regarding best way to deal with the wires etc and also to make it look like a neater installation.

ive marked left wall ( B ) so show where other mount and wire will be exiting. ive not fitted it yet.

thankyou

Last edited:
need some advice regrding my camera install wireing.

im fitting 2 mounts on foam insulated rendered wall. my question is regarding unsightly wires. i wanted to make it look a bit more tidy as black cat5 wire does stand out from grey wall and just moves around in wind. i thought maybe use white conduit to hide wires starting from where the exit point of camera wire comes through wall down to cctv mount. also thought white conduit would maybe blend in and match the wall mounts making to make it look neater install.
however is too high its around 8m high for my ladders also the wall is a rendered 90mm Grey Polystyrene (EPS) so normal cable clips wont work to keep cat 5 secure to wall

ive thought about ladder hire. and got couple quotes just to fit conduit but quotes were silly.

just wanted some advice, what you guys maybe would do in my situation? maybe give me a better idea or some pointers regarding best way to deal with the wires etc and also to make it look like a neater installation.

ive marked left wall ( B ) so show where other mount and wire will be exiting. ive not fitted it yet.

thankyou
Assuming you own the property. How about coming out through the bottom left hand corner of the window frame? Check first that the drill bit clears the glazed unit and seal the external hole afterwards.

thanks for reply. i dont own the property. so i cant use any other lower floor exit points. i even thought about just leaving wire maybe paint it before fitting same colour of walls but i dont know exact wall color so i would need somehow find a paint match.

project is on hold. as been thinking how to proceed was looking for advice or any other ideas how best way i maybe would go forward with this. maybe other ideas i maybe have not though about.

thanks for reply. i dont own the property. so i cant use any other lower floor exit points. i even thought about just leaving wire maybe paint it before fitting same colour of walls but i dont know exact wall color so i would need somehow find a paint match.

project is on hold. as been thinking how to proceed was looking for advice or any other ideas how best way i maybe would go forward with this. maybe other ideas i maybe have not though about.
I wonder if weather proof sticky cable mounts would work? You'd need a relatively smooth external surface. Is there any way the exit hole can be closer to the camera?

David

hi david weather proof sticky cable mounts could poss work. would be better than nothing at all. exit hole can only be taken from 3rd story. so its the height thats the problem. and i need to mount camera low enough so not to just record tops of heads so need to be around 10ft from ground.

the only other option i did think of was to mount other camera left side of drain pipe and run cable behind drain pipe which would hide the wire. but think both cameras maybe too close and i might not get right coverage or angel compaired to the original plan. plus maybe just me but think with the camera mounted by drain pipe it dont look right. but might be just me.

im still trying to figure out my best limited options.

Out of interest if as I think it is - a block of flats/apartments - has the building owner given permission for you to mount the cameras? You might face a hefty bill if you haven't (I'd hope you would have sought permission though of course) I've never tried to attach anything to EPS board before - is it strong enough to hold a rawplug? If it is - you could use these powder coated copper cable clips - they fold over the cable then screw them into the wall/rawplug.

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 03.26.09.png

Otherwise a long straight piece of black circular trunking with very long screws to reach the inner wall.

Back