01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New system password length issue

Nick

Hi,
I am installing a Hikvision NVR (NVR-108MH-C/8P) with 4 cameras (IPC-T280H-UF).
On first time start-up the NVR requested an admin password. I entered this password, complying with the instructions. It accepted the password, which was 22 characters long. I noted the password and have successfully entered it on at least two occasions. Today, I added a fourth camera (same spec). When I tried to enter the admin password on the NVR it would not accept the password. The login screen would only allow a 16 character password. The one I entered on first setup (and used on at least two occasions) was 22 characters. I have reset the NVR password to a 16 character password - done by emailing a QR code to Hikvision to get a reset code. Of course the four cameras now are not playing ball due to not having the same passwords as the NVR.
As the the current passwords in the cameras are 22 characters long and the NVR system won't accept over 16 characters in the password field, I'm left with options of requesting password resets for all four cameras from Hikvision, a hard reset of the cameras or finding a way of changing the 22 character password to a 16 character password.
Does anyone have any experience of this type of thing happening on a new system and any ideas of least painful way of getting my cameras back talking to the NVR?

Hmm, I can't say that we have ever encountered this.
I guess hard resets and start again with the shorter passwords will be the quickest solution.

Back