01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect New Tandem Vu camera - No Pictures Just 2 Black Screens?

I have just been Given a Tandem View Camera by my Mrs as a birthday Present..
I’ve set it up the NVR is all Green telling me that both channels on the camera are live and online but all I’m getting is 2 Black Screens where the pictures should be ,I know there is nothing wrong with the camera if I go directly into it’s web browser the 2 pictures come up straight Away…Any Ideas Thank you…Warren

Attachments

• 74C83E11-408F-4FC4-AD07-6BEF3EA86CB9.jpeg
    74C83E11-408F-4FC4-AD07-6BEF3EA86CB9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
Thanks @warrendanielsmith

Below are the instructions you need to follow to display the 2 channels from the new camera in your direct monitor live view:

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 12.43.02.png

If you can't see the live view menu this probably means you have the NVR set to 'Easy Mode', you'll need to go to Configuration, and click Expert Mode at the lower-left corner to access the live view menu.

Thanks for the reply Dan I found the menu I tired that but still nothing..
Hold on I don’t believe this I now have the camera showing on the NVR but only when I log onto the NVRs web browser I still can’t get them up on my HDMI Display Monitor I use the display monitor for practically everything I do on the system it’s so Annoying,any more thoughts Dan…Thank you Warren

Can you please share a photo of the NVR live view menu?
If you manually switch the NVR live view from the 4-way split screen to the full screen/single camera view, can you select just the TandemVu camera and get a live image?

Yes I can Dan when I select a full screen view the tandem view camera works fine on both views
The Ptz and bullet view are Amazing but I cant get them to show on the Monitor???
Only on the NVRs browser ???

I noticed from your earlier response, that your NVR is currently running an old firmware version.

Please try updating the NVR to the latest firmware version - V4.30.085 build210409 - and see if that allows you to view the camera with the direct monitor (some of the documents for the TandemVu cameras mention NVRs requiring the latest firmware to use these cameras).

Dan it Worked I Downloaded the Upgrade and All is Fine ,I thank you for your help in this matter.
Yourself and the use IP Team have been Brilliant.
Cheers
Warren..

Back