01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Nvr advice

devnull

Hello chaps,
I'm looking for advice on getting a nvr as I currently use a NAS system which can not cope.
Regarding cameras, I have a mixed bag consisting of Hikvision (DS-2CD2347G1-LU) and some basic Reolink. I won't ever need more than 4 cameras which will record 24/7. There is cat 5 cable and poe to each camera.

I'm looking for an NVR with a nice robust operating system and a corresponding mobile app.The NVR will be accessed via the web so must support modern browsers without any special plugins. I really would like a modern NVR and not something that was released years ago. Oh and a remote control would be nice also.

I'd prefer a 4 port, single hd setup over an 8 port nvr.

Thanks in advance.
DMAN

Hi @devnull

For the cameras you currently have and the requirements you have requested we would recommend a DS-7608NI-I2/8P 8-channel NVR as the I-series NVR offers better support for multiple 8MP cameras and the advanced AcuSense/ColorVu features. Also, the I-series NVRs offer better support for modern browsers.

Not sure if it'll be the same with the I series - but I did find when I purchased a reolink camera a year or so ago that my K series NVR didn't like it at all - and was the only camera I've ever sent back. I've learnt a lot since those days of just hoping things would plug and play, but keep in mind that going over to an NVR might result in the need to upgrade a camera or two if what you have is fairly old and basic. Saying that you can pick up fairly basic POE cameras for a fair price these days - so hopefully it won't break the bank if you need to do so.

Reactions: Dan
Back