01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR DS-7608NI K2 - When I select the option “Receive events but NOT push notifications….” it also stops the events being logged in the app?

BraddersV8

NVR DS-7608NI K2, running latest firmware.

Smart event notifications work fine, however I want to have events sent to the app, but no notifications.

When I select the option “Receive events but NOT push notifications….” it also stops the events being logged in the app?

I can work around this by disabling notifications in IOS settings, but shouldn’t have to do that really. Any ideas?

NVR DS-7608NI K2, running latest firmware.

Smart event notifications work fine, however I want to have events sent to the app, but no notifications.

When I select the option “Receive events but NOT push notifications….” it also stops the events being logged in the app?

I can work around this by disabling notifications in IOS settings, but shouldn’t have to do that really. Any ideas?
It's been that way for a long time. It used to work the way that it's described in the options (as I would prefer) - the events and clips would be available when you looked in the app itself but without receiving a push notification on the Home Screen if you selected that option. It stopped working a long time ago. In app events seem to be tied to push notifications. I don't know whether this was a change in Hik-Connect/NVR firmware or some breaking change caused in iOS.

The newest firmware for some models now includes areas, whereby you can assign cameras to groups and arm, disarm, silence them individually rather than as a whole. However the 'silence' option just disarms the area completely (except for strobe light/audible alarm on compatible cameras). Hikvision confirmed that as the way they intend it to work unfortunately.

NVR DS-7608NI K2, running latest firmware
'latest firmware'. It's always best to post your full model number along with the full firmware version and build that's currently running. You can safely ignore any message on your NVR or Hik-Connect that says you're on the latest version as that is something that never has and possibly never will work. It's likely that your firmware is not up to date unless you have manually searched for new firmware on either your models product page (for current models) or the download portal (for models no longer sold)

Reactions: Dan
Thanks - good to know I’m not doing anything wrong.

Also thanks for the hint on firmware, I am on 4.32.115 build 211129.

Hi @BraddersV8

As @JB1970 says the latest firmware confirmation in the NVR settings is deceptive, your version is actually a couple of versions behind (see the bottom of this firmware list for the latest versions).

We would recommend updating to V4.71.005 build220524 first, then update to the latest V4.72.107 build220914 firmware.

Edited: It looked as though the versions overlapped different versions as the firmware was same for a c revision, however it's the K1 C that uses the same version numbers and the op has a K2

Last edited:
Thanks @JB1970

I can't see a folder for a K2 (C) firmware, only a K1 (C) and a K2 (D) folder. Can you post a link to where you are seeing this K2 (C) firmware?

Thanks @JB1970

I can't see a folder for a K2 (C) firmware, only a K1 (C) and a K2 (D) folder. Can you post a link to where you are seeing this K2 (C) firmware?
Yeah I was just deleting/editing my comment as I realised that....a schoolboy error on my part!

Haha no worries, so many similar model numbers and different (B), (C), (D) versions that it is easy to miss read things and get confused :)

Back