01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Older (2mp, 2015) Cameras need new NVR? What am I in for?

flyingace

Hello,

I've tried to find a similar post here but haven't been successful. If there is one and you can point me to it I would be grateful. Not trying to duplicate existing posts.

My building has a 16 camera system with an NVR that has recently given up the ghost. The cameras and the NVR are all made by WBox, a company that is (as I understand it) no longer in business, so buying a replacement NVR has proven difficult.

What I've been able to ascertain is that most NVRs will only work with cameras from the same manufacturer. Is this true across the board? If not, what will I likely lose by using an NVR that is from a different manufacturer? Can anyone recommend a brand or model of NVR that is known to work well with cameras from a different brand or possibly even just WBox cameras?

What am I in for as far as connecting the new NVR to my existing cameras? I will post specs for the cameras but they're all PoE cameras currently wired to the existing NVR with 5e ethernet cables. I don't believe that the passwords or logins on the cameras was ever reset and I know the default login and password for these cameras.

All the cameras are WBox 0E-21DVF2812 cameras. 2MP, PoE, H.264/MJPEG. If information I've not included is needed, I found the manual for these cameras here: W box technologies 0E-21DVF2812 Manuals | ManualsLib.

Finally, if using the existing cameras is going to be impossible, is there any standardization as far as how cameras are mounted (spacing of the screws, for example)? I suppose if I have to go this route I'd at least like to find cameras for which I wouldn't have to drill completely new holes for.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

David

I believe that the WBox range was re-badged Dahua.
So, I'd suggest speaking to a Dahua vendor (we at use-IP Ltd don't currently sell Dahua).

Strictly speaking it should be possible to configure the cameras via ONVIF to work with other brands of NVRs such as Hikvision, but my advice would be to try what I hope will be the smoothest path first e.g. a Dahua NVR.

Back