01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

One Hikvision camera connected to my NVR not working / goes offline after a while

Craige101

Hi

I have a 4 camera set up with NVR

Cameras - Hikvision DS-2CD2383G0-I/B | 4mm 8MP

NVR - Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2-8P | 8 Channel Network Video Recorder

All software on the NVR and camera are up to date as of yesterday

Camera 3 started going offline a while back and to fix the issue I used to reboot the NVR and it would work for about a month then go offline again, but recently the NVR reboot would not bring the camera back on line

So I took the poe port for the camera out the back if the NVR for about 10 seconds and re inserted and the camera worked, but now it goes offline after 1 day

To eliminate the NVR poe port being fault I switch it with a working camera and the same problem happened

Is there anything I can try or check before taking the camera down

Thanks

Hi @Craige101

Can you confirm the firmware versions the NVR and cameras are running?

I know you say they are up to date but depending on where you sourced the latest firmware from it may not actually be the latest version.

Hi @Dan

The NVR - V4.30.005 build 200628

Cameras are - V5.6.5 build 200316

All the other 3 cameras work OK

My next step would be a reset on the camera via the reset on the turret its self

Then my last option that I wanted to avoid is taking the camera down and putting a tester on the POE line

Then plugging the camera into the NVR via a new POE cable to test the camera works

Thanks

Unfortunately, the next step to test this is going to be to get the camera down, bring it close to the NVR, and test it with a factory-made short patch lead to rule out any cable, termination, installation issues.

Back