01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

options for Cloud Storage / Remote access viewing?

gizbug

I have an Hikvision OEM NR32P4-4 NVR ("Hikvision Comparable Model Number: DS-7604NI-K1/4P") along with 3 hikvision OEM cameras are plugged into my NVR.
Currently the camera record onto the hard drive of the NVR, and that's it. I do not have anything stored in the cloud. I also use an app iVMS-4500 on my iPhone to view my cameras when I am away from home. I have a DDNS setup through noip which I use on the iPhone app. It seems that at least a few times a month I get connection error and can not view the feeds remotely. I am not sure if the noip is not updating or what, but it is very annoying and inconvenient.

So my questions are: What is the cheapest/easiest way to have cloud storage with my NVR? I have a Synology NAS, but because the cameras are hard wired into the NVR, I don't think the Security Station will work on the NAS.

What is the best solution for me to view/access my cameras remotely? Seems like using DDNS and this iVMS-4500 isn't 100% reliable for my home needs. I've read about some services (ie Angelcam) where you use their app, and add you cameras/dvr and you can view them remotely......but not sure how good they are.

ANY suggestions greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Back