01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

POE splitter for Cam thats not compatible with POE NVR power?

IPcamera

Hi,

I have a camera that it not compatible with POE NVR as a power source only external 12V 2A or POE Switch power.
How do you overcome this problem?
With a POE splitter that outputs 12V 2A power?
I have never used one.

thanks for any help
regards

Last edited by a moderator:
POE supplied from an NVR will be the same as POE supplied from a POE switch.

A POE Splitter is a device that separates the POE and the power supply, so that they can be connected separately to a camera.
Often the splitter will have a selector to let you choose say 5 volts or 12 volts for the camera.

Splitters are very rarely sold, because almost all modern IP cameras can accept POE power.

Last edited:
This camera apparently can use only POE Switch power or 12V 2A?.Is this possible somehow? I think the person selling it may have made a mistake in fact... as they specified that but it still didnt work.

thanks
regards

Last edited:
Hi @IPcamera

As @Phil stated in his previous post it should be possible to power any PoE camera with the PoE ports on an NVR, the reason your seller may have told you not to power with NVR PoE is that some 3rd-party/ONVIF cameras are not easy to set up/connect directly to the ports on a 3rd-party NVR and it is usually recommended to connect the cameras to a separate PoE switch/injector on your local network and then add the camera to the NVR over your local network.

Hi Dan,

Ok thanks Dan and Phil, it was a mystery. Now its solved. thanks so much.

Reactions: Dan
Back