01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Slow Live View on Local Wifi?

ashleygavin

Hi Everyone,

I've got a 4 channel POE NVR (DS-7604NI-K1/4P) and 3 ColourVu cameras which are all working well.

I've enabled the Hik-Connect service and this works both on and off the local network.

However on local WiFi the live view takes around 15 seconds to load where as if I drop off local WiFi onto 4G/5G it takes 5 seconds, much faster. Same for viewing and downloading footage.

You'd expect it to be quicker locally. I found another post from this in 2019 which said it could be firmware, I've updated everything to the latest firmware but the problem still persists.

Would anyone be able to help please?

Looks like you've narrowed it down to a wifi issue. If it were me, I'd check my ISP's up/down speeds both wired and on wireless, just to see what they are. I'd also check wifi signal strength at the point in your house where you are viewing it.

Yeah I work in IT so I've already done those tests. WiFi speed is fine 76Mbps down and 20Mbps up which is more than adequate. 4G is slightly slower so doesn't really explain why it's slower on the local LAN.

Back