01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Trouble recording on hikvision camera

tester22

I recently bought a hikvision camera and i am having trouble with:
1. how to record on SD card
2. how to record on 1VMS-4200 software using motion detect
3. how to enable/use the microphone feature
i tried watching youtube videos and everything but i am not able to record on my SD card or on the software.
i have uploaded some pictures. please tell me if i did it right, i did all this by following videos on youtube but when some one goes infront of the camera the motion detection icon does not appear in the window and it does not record
my microphone also does not work or pick up any sound. when i try to turn up the volume on the software it keeps giving me an error

Attachments

• hikvision-1.jpg
    hikvision-1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,213
  • hikvision-2.jpg
    hikvision-2.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 895
  • hikvision-1.jpg
    hikvision-1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 616
Hi. I'd definitely recommend you check out our tutorial megathread for Hikvision systems - lots of guides here that cover recording schedules, configuring motion detection etc.

Essentially, if you're looking to record footage just to the microSD card of your camera, it doesn't matter which method you use to do so (either iVMS 4200 or a web browser) as you're configuring the camera itself. That means any configurations you make in iVMS 4200 on the camera will also be reflected in the web browser.

The thread above has guides on how to set up a recording schedule - you've posted in our microSD card configuration thread as well so you should have that to hand too.

For audio recording, you first need to enable audio on the camera by changing the stream type to Video&Audio. You can do this via iVMS 4200 if you prefer, covered in Bob's old guide on configuring audio via iVMS 4200.

hi, I am also having another problem, my camera keeps disconnecting from the ivms-4200 software it says the camera has been disabled or network timed out. please tell me what I can do to fix this problem. my camera is properly connected but it shows me this error. there are no lose connections or anything and thank you.

I am still having problem recording. I set my schedule to record all day 24/7 but when I went to remote play back there is nothing there or it is broken, such as only half an hour was recorded but then after that no more recordings.
what could solution is there to fix this problem?

And this Camera is keep on Disconnecting by itself, after this until I re-connect physically it will not show video again.

Please have a look in Photo, what the error says.

Thanks

Attachments

• Hikvision-4.jpg
    Hikvision-4.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 806
It sounds like your camera has an intermittent network connection. Try running Hikvision's SADP tool the next time the camera drops off of iVMS 4200 to confirm whether it's still on the network.

Back