01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to get cameras to show up on new NVR?

Roberts

Hello everybody,
I Just got a new NVR Model: DS-7616NI-Q@/16P and I'm using 8 Hik cameras Model: DS-2CD2342WD-I. I have been using these cameras for about 2 years with an older model NVR from HIK and everything has been fine, recently we decided to get a newer NVR which is the one I listed above. I been having no luck getting the cameras to show up, not even just a live feed, I have the cameras connect directly to the NVR through the ports on the back, the same as I had with the previous setup. I have tried everything I could think of but the camera just stays in the Added device list with a red X under the status, when you hover over the red X it says "incorrect camera user name or password". I have rebooted, reset etc.. just to make sure the username and passwords were correct and they were, I have used the SADP but I got no where with that. I was thinking maybe the cameras just didn't work with this NVR but I don't see why they wouldn't. If someone has any helpful advice im all ears.

Attachments

• 20221101_203123.jpg
    20221101_203123.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 421
Hi @Roberts,

Could you double-check the end of the part number of the NVR, please? I expect is it either "-I2/16P" or "-K2/16P".

If you click on the edit button/cog at the end of the row for each camera, is "Plug & Play" selected for the adding method?
Is this edit menu also where you are entering the passwords for each camera?
And, is the password you're entering on each the one that was given to the cameras by the old NVR, not the one set on the new one (if they're different)?

The part number for the NVR is DS-7616NI-Q2/16P, and plug & play is selected and yes the same menu where you choose Plug & Play is the same menu where im entering the password. The passwords I'm entering are the ones I have created in the setup for the new NVR, I honestly don't remember what the passwords were for the old NVR

The password that you enter needs to be the one set on the cameras / old NVR, which is why they are not connecting to the new recorder.

Do you still have access to the old NVR?
You may be able to find what password was set on it, can you confirm the model number of the old unit please, and I'll check?

Thanks - I'm afraid I can't see a way to view your password on those.
So, you will need to ask your supplier or Hikvision Support to assist with resetting the password of each camera, as your cameras do not have a hard reset button.
The cameras will then connect once their new passwords have been entered on the NVR.

To reset the passwords, you will need to follow the steps in this guide and send the XML file you export to your supplier:

To see the cameras in SADP, you will need to connect them to your local network (your router) using either a POE switch or a separate 12V DC PSU to power them.

I bought the new NVR off of amazon, does that still count as buying from HIK?

I did connect the camera through my router and I powered it by 12V adapter and I can see it in SADP, is this a way to reset it?

I bought the new NVR off of amazon, does that still count as buying from HIK?
Probably not I'm afraid, Amazon sellers aren't normally authorised.

I did connect the camera through my router and I powered it by 12V adapter and I can see it in SADP, is this a way to reset it?
Yes :) you will need to try emailing the XML reset file for each camera to Hikvision Support (they may take a while to respond) as per the steps in the guide in my last post.

You will need to do one camera at a time if you can only get one showing in SADP, as it needs to be powered on and connected to the network throughout the reset (until Hikvision responds with a fresh reset file to import back into SADP).

You were correct, after getting in touch with Tech support at Hikvision, I was informed that since I purchased my NVR through Amazon and not an authorized dealer that I would have to go through Amazon for help. Good news is there is a way to reset the camera password, bad news its not super easy unless you have bought your equipment through Hikvision themselves or an authorized dealer. So on this issue I decided to send back the NVR I bought from Amazon and just ordered a whole new NVR system that came with cameras and I ordered it through an authorized distributor (B&H Photo). I will just keep the old cameras in a box lol you never know right. Thank you for all your help and I know if it wasn't for not buying through them that you help would've led me to take care of this issue.

Sounds like you did the best thing :)

The newer cameras usually have a physical button to hard reset the camera that you can use when you take them down, which will let you reset the password.
It's just unfortunate that the old ones you had don't have this, making it very difficult to set a new password.

B&H Photo should be able to help you with getting any passwords changed in the future though.

Back