01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Video loss detection not working after firmware update?

x1nexus

Hello all, I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-M2/8P NVR and the other day I decided to update it to the newest version which was released on 1st December (version 4.63.025)

Since I have upgraded to this version video loss is not working for any of my cameras and on the cameras I have turned it off for I am unable to enable video loss again because when I try to turn it back on it says parameter error

Has anyone had a problem like this before or does anyone happen to know how to solve it? Or would I be able to downgrade back to the previous version I was on or is that not possible?

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Hi @x1nexus ... I have a DS-7616NI-M2/16P that I upgraded to firmware version 4.63.025 also...

I use the video loss function on all my cameras... to test, I disabled video loss on a camera and then re-enabled it... seemed to work fine... then I unplugged that camera from the NVR.... I got the video signal loss exception alert right away... plugged the camera back in and all is good.

So, I don't think the problem you are having is related to the new firmware.

Hello again @x1nexus ... when I tested, I was working on the NVR directly...

I checked again using web browser access to the NVR and there is a problem... even though I know video loss is enabled on the channel, the web browser menu item shows it as disabled and if I try to change it to enabled, I get "Incorrect parameter" when I try to save the change.

So, something is wrong... I tried clearing the browser cache and cookies but that did not help.

I checked again using web browser access to the NVR and there is a problem... even though I know video loss is enabled on the channel, the web browser menu item shows it as disabled and if I try to change it to enabled, I get "Incorrect parameter" when I try to save the change.

So, something is wrong... I tried clearing the browser cache and cookies but that did not help.

Hello, Thanks a lot for trying this yourself to see if you are facing the same issue as me.

And yes I am facing the issue when I try to access my nvr through a web browser as I do not have my nvr connected to a monitor

Interesting that when you accessed your nvr with your monitor you was able to turn video loss on and it is working as it should. I think I will connect my nvr to a monitor so I can enable video loss and then hopefully in the near future hikvision release a new update so you can change the settings from the nvrs web interface as well.

Thanks again for your help

Back