01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Videos settings on DS-2CD2087G2-L(U) camera?

Add video streams edited. The only thing I could not do was on the Sub-Stream and that was to set the Video Quality to 'Medium', as if the Bit Rate is set to Constant that can't be changed.

Question: Ref the Main Stream can the video Quality not be changed to 'Highest' to get the best feed?

Testing - Hmm I had to the iframe back to 15 it to play back in VLC. If I went higher I only got audio playing back.

Last edited:
Yeah please do. The one I installed kept rebooting as it needs FFmpeg first. I was a little confused over the config file as I wasn’t sure which port it needs. It’s defaulted at 443 for the https port
You will have to install FFmpeg in to what ever system you use. I had to install Homebridge via Docker on my NAS to get it installed. Once you get that installed then the plugin config will be something like the below. This is my config for 2 cameras:
{
"name": "Camera FFmpeg",
"cameras": [
{
"name": "Drive Cam HB",
"manufacturer": "HIKVision",
"model": "DDS-2CD2087G2-L(U)",
"motion": true,
"motionDoorbell": true,
"unbridge": true,
"videoConfig": {
"source": "-i rtsp://camuser:campwd@NVR_IP/Streaming/Channels/102/",
"stillImageSource": "-i rtsp://camuser:campwd@NVR_IP//Streaming/Channels/102/ -vframes 1 -r 1",
"vcodec": "libx264",
"maxStreams": 2,
"maxWidth": 640,
"maxHeight": 360,
"maxFPS": 15,
"audio": true
}
},
{
"name": "Patio Cam HB",
"manufacturer": "HIKVision",
"model": "DDS-2CD2087G2-L(U)",
"unbridge": true,
"videoConfig": {
"source": "-i rtsp://camuser:campwd@NVR_IP//Streaming/Channels/302/",
"stillImageSource": "-i rtsp://camuser:campwd@NVR_IP//Streaming/Channels/302/ -vframes 1 -r 1",
"vcodec": "libx264",
"maxStreams": 2,
"maxWidth": 640,
"maxHeight": 360,
"maxFPS": 15,
"audio": false
}
}
],
"_bridge": {
"username": "0E:E6:87:8F:97:98",
"port": 54692
},
"platform": "Camera-ffmpeg"
}
You'll also need to set the cameras up with their own bridges.

Add video streams edited. The only thing I could not do was on the Sub-Stream and that was to set the Video Quality to 'Medium', as if the Bit Rate is set to Constant that can't be changed.

Question: Ref the Main Stream can the video Quality not be changed to 'Highest' to get the best feed?

Testing - Hmm I had to the iframe back to 15 it to play back in VLC. If I went higher I only got audio playing back.
You can put it on highest - whether there’s a discernible difference or not is another matter. It will push up the actual bit rate more when it busts. Another thing I noticed in your camera settings that will cause the bit rate to burst way over what you’ve set is the Clear Fluent slider. Having it at 1 (which is something I always used to do) will cause large bit rate spikes when each I frame is transmitted. It would better closer to the default of 50. If you have a monitor/TV hooked up to the NVR, you can bring an image up full screen and there’s an icon at the bottom of the image that will show the stream parameters, live, while you hover over it. I find that helpful to see exactly what effect, quality and other settings have on the bit rate.

Right understood, now on highest and Clear Fluent slider is set at 50 ...... :)

The NVR is upstairs in the wife's office so I'll play when I get the chance :)

Thanks for the info (again) :)

@JB1970
IMG_20221107_193637_edit_44072196257337.jpg

Are my settings good?
Use it with 2 cameras
DS-2CD2T87G2-L
DS-2CD2683G2-IZS
NVR=DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S
Harddisk=6TB

In the future I will supply 2 or 3 cameras model DS-2CD2T87G2-L, Will it work normally NVR, with these settings?

I apologize to the author that About what i am asking about in your Thread, but my question is the same as yours, with the models differing slightly.

Good afternoon.
As this thread is discussing the variable bit rate and more issues. I wanted to ask if the cameras that incorporate voice recording, the bit rate can also be applied variable, or does it have to be constant.

Good afternoon.
As this thread is discussing the variable bit rate and more issues. I wanted to ask if the cameras that incorporate voice recording, the bit rate can also be applied variable, or does it have to be constant.
It doesn't matter whether you're recording Video Only or Video & Audio (for those models with microphone) - Variable or Constant bit rate are available to use either way.

It doesn't matter whether you're recording Video Only or Video & Audio (for those models with microphone) - Variable or Constant bit rate are available to use either way.
OK, fine. Thank you very much. You know that many times reading on the internet you can find wrong information, that's why I asked here, because you are talking about it.

Back