01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which router to make static IPs

robint

does anyone have success with setting up static IPs on a router. You need this in order to use an ONVIF viewer on PC (Agent DV, I spy) an RTSP protocol. and IP cameras that support this. This gets you away from using a DVR hub.
I have great difficulties getting a fixed system using Asus RtAC68U. The DHCP keeps intermittently overridng some IPs and the network map is unreliable

Surely there must be a simple router out there that can do this job.

Any experience pls.

does anyone have success with setting up static IPs on a router. You need this in order to use an ONVIF viewer on PC (Agent DV, I spy) an RTSP protocol. and IP cameras that support this. This gets you away from using a DVR hub.
I have great difficulties getting a fixed system using Asus RtAC68U. The DHCP keeps intermittently overridng some IPs and the network map is unreliable

Any experience pls.
Robint, most modern routers allow you to assign "fixed" IP addresses to devices. This may be found under advanced settings.

Post a snapshot of your LAN and DHCP setup, there could be a range of IP addresses you can used as fixed IP's outside the DHCP server range.

Any experience pls.
looking at the manual (V3) it is possible to assign fixed IP's to devices.
Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 12.39.50.png

Back