01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Why is Hik Connect dropping cameras from the app?

MJ8984

Hi I am wondering if someone can help me, sorry but I'm a bit of a novice in this world so will try and explain my problem

I have Hik Vision DVR DS-7208HTHI -K2 running I presume the latest version V4 25.001 build 201107 using 5 analog cameras 4 x 2 MP and 1 x 5MP , I am using a Draytek mobile sim router have been for 5 years or more with no issues, the last two years have been able to view cameras remotely on hik connect no problem , the last month or so they began freezing and not updating unless the system was rebooted , it lasts a couple of days then can freeze and drop again, I have done some adjustments on the DVR to reduce Bitrate on the substream etc and it seems to make no difference still loses after a couple of days or even a day? the problem is I am abroad and soon will not have the family back home to reboot all the time ? ive seen some other posts and tried all the suggestions but right now its a bit of a challenge ? I am not able to log on remotely through IVMS as it seems the mobile router is firewalling it and I am not able to open it up .. the speed is a little slow at times but its average 15 to 20 MPS upload so no big changes ?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated :-) thanks again

Hi @MJ9894

Are you using this build version of 4.25.001?
It mentions a fix for Hik-Connect, so may help with your issue.

What phone / tablet are you using and which version of Hik-Connect do you have installed, please?

Hi @MJ9894

Are you using this build version of 4.25.001?
It mentions a fix for Hik-Connect, so may help with your issue.

What phone / tablet are you using and which version of Hik-Connect do you have installed, please?
Hi Kyle, yes it is showing that version on hik connect , I am using iOS and i havce deleted the app and reloaded from the app store to make sure its the latest version ? thanks

Attachments

• hik connect.jpg
    hik connect.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 172
Thanks for confirming - yes, that should definitely be the latest version.

When you reboot the system to get it working again, are you rebooting the DVR itself?

Try unbinding it from your account using these instructions:

And then add it again using these instructions (as opposed to scanning the QR code):

Maybe try setting Google's DNS servers on the NVR too if you haven't already in Configuration>Nework>Basic Settings>TCP/IP, which are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Back