01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Yellow Bell alarm icon?

Artman

My system consists of a Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR and three 4MP cameras. One of these cameras is a DS-2CD2T46G2-ISU/SL and I have a niggling problem with this unit.

I have been trying to set up Continuous and Motion Detection so event markers appear on the timeline (It works on my other two cameras which are DS-2CD2045FWD-1’s) but the problem have with this camera is that it doesn’t seem to work like the other two and the Yellow Bell alarm icon appears permanently alongside the Recording icon on my connected monitor.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong please?

Hi @Artman

Can you please share screenshots of the Motion Detection settings for the 2T46G2 and the detection area you've drawn?

Upvote 0
Hi @Artman

Can you please share screenshots of the Motion Detection settings for the 2T46G2 and the detection area you've drawn?
Are these good enough Dan?

Attachments

• IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2797.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0
Thanks @Artman

The area looks good, can you share a screenshot of the settings to the right of the camera image in that first screenshot?

Do you have the Human/Vehicle options there? Are either or both of these options ticked/enabled?

Upvote 0
Thanks @Artman

The area looks good, can you share a screenshot of the settings to the right of the camera image in that first screenshot?

Do you have the Human/Vehicle options there? Are either or both of these options ticked/enabled?
Human/Vehicle not enabled. Shot of my monitor may help?

Attachments

• IMG_2800.jpg
    IMG_2800.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2802.JPG
    IMG_2802.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
okay, I would try enabling one or both of the Human/Vehicle options because without those enabled the motion detection will likely trigger on every small movement (which might explain why the bell icon is always on).

Seeing as it is a driveway where cars and people will be present you will probably be best enabling both because that means it will only trigger when a human or vehicle enters the drawn area and ignore any other motion.

Upvote 0
okay, I would try enabling one or both of the Human/Vehicle options because without those enabled the motion detection will likely trigger on every small movement (which might explain why the bell icon is always on).

Seeing as it is a driveway where cars and people will be present you will probably be best enabling both because that means it will only trigger when a human or vehicle enters the drawn area and ignore any other motion.
I have done that and enabled them but the bell icon is still there - this driveway actually has very little use at this time. The strange thing is it looks like the bell icon is 'attached' to the recording icon.

Upvote 0
Thanks @Artman

If you go to Configuration > Camera > IP Camera in the NVR menus and scroll the camera table all the way to the right, can you please confirm the firmware version each camera is currently using?

Upvote 0
Thanks @Artman

If you go to Configuration > Camera > IP Camera in the NVR menus and scroll the camera table all the way to the right, can you please confirm the firmware version each camera is currently using?
Can't find IP Camera - this seems as far as I can go. Not much of a techie - sorry

Attachments

• IMG_2804.jpg
    IMG_2804.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
Thanks @Artman

Apologies for the confusion, that is the correct menu but on my model/firmware that menu is called IP camera and not just Camera.

If you drag the blue bar at the bottom of the camera list to the right, can you please confirm the firmware versions currently being used by the cameras?

Can you also click the "i" info button in the top right of the monitor and confirm the NVR firmware version shown there?

Upvote 0
Thanks - will this suffice? I have also discovered I do not know how to do a screen grab on my monitor/DVR and get it to my PC.

Attachments

• IMG_2807.jpg
    IMG_2807.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2809.jpg
    IMG_2809.jpg
    853.8 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
Thanks @Artman

So all 3 of your cameras are actually running slightly old firmware, below are the firmware versions you will need to upgrade to, one at a time, to get all 3 cameras on the latest firmware:

DS-2CD2T46G2-ISU/SL - V5.7.1_211009 / V5.7.14_231028 (find the firmware link at the bottom of the product page)
DS-2CD2045FWD-I - V5.6.820 220519
DS-2CD2045FWD-I - V5.5.83 190221 / V5.6.1 190604 / V5.6.820 220519

If you can only access the NVR with the direct monitor you will need to download the above firmware files one at a time, move the zip files onto an empty/formatted USB stick (best to place each firmware file into a folder named after that firmware version), extract digicap.dav file from the zipped firmware file, and then unplug the USB stick from your PC and plug it into a USB port on the NVR.

Once the USB stick is connected to the NVR you can go to the Camera list from the above photos and go to the Operation column where you should see a little UP arrow for upgrading firmware, click this and using the file finder locate the correct firmware file from the USB stick and start the upgrade.

Repeat this until the cameras are all on the latest firmware and then check if the 'bell notification' is still there.

If you can access the NVR with a PC & browser, then you can follow these instructions to update the firmware in the browser.

Upvote 0
Thanks @Artman

So all 3 of your cameras are actually running slightly old firmware, below are the firmware versions you will need to upgrade to, one at a time, to get all 3 cameras on the latest firmware:

DS-2CD2T46G2-ISU/SL - V5.7.1_211009 / V5.7.14_231028 (find the firmware link at the bottom of the product page)
DS-2CD2045FWD-I - V5.6.820 220519
DS-2CD2045FWD-I - V5.5.83 190221 / V5.6.1 190604 / V5.6.820 220519

If you can only access the NVR with the direct monitor you will need to download the above firmware files one at a time, move the zip files onto an empty/formatted USB stick (best to place each firmware file into a folder named after that firmware version), extract digicap.dav file from the zipped firmware file, and then unplug the USB stick from your PC and plug it into a USB port on the NVR.

Once the USB stick is connected to the NVR you can go to the Camera list from the above photos and go to the Operation column where you should see a little UP arrow for upgrading firmware, click this and using the file finder locate the correct firmware file from the USB stick and start the upgrade.

Repeat this until the cameras are all on the latest firmware and then check if the 'bell notification' is still there.

If you can access the NVR with a PC & browser, then you can follow these instructions to update the firmware in the browser.
Phew!! Many thank's - thats going to take me a little while to sort that out. My DVR has to be positioned on top of my fridge and I have to use a step ladder to access it. It would help a lot if I could do this via my PC and Chrome (while away in London next week) but in the past it has proved difficult to do via the IE link IvMS etc. Have Hikvision made it any easier for us to access the DVR's and if so how please? I hope we can keep this link open.

Upvote 0
Hi @Artman

Yes, updating via the browser should be much easier, the latest firmware you are running on your NVR should allow for modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc...) access to update the camera firmware.

You will need to take the NVR IP address (which you can find in the Network settings) and put that in the address bar in your browser, this should then bring up a login page to access the NVR.

Once into the NVR, you will need to enable Virtual Host to access the cameras you have directly plugged into the NVR, when you try to login to the cameras via the virtual host links the password for each camera will most likely be the same password as you use to login to the NVR.

Once logged into each camera you can follow the instructions I link in the last post to update the firmware in the browser.

Upvote 0
Regarding the bell icon @Artman, it will show display for all events - motion, intrusion, line crossing and alarm input. Your ISU/SL features an alarm input. Check in your event settings that you don't have that input enabled (or any of the NVR alarm inputs). This is because if an alarm input was enabled but not in use and was set as normally closed, it would be permanently in alarm (causing the bell to permanently shown)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK many thanks I intend to pursue this. In the meantime I have managed to enter my NVR via my browser and tried to install Virtual Host but seem to be having a couple of issues as I get the message Live View Failed. Can you see from these screen shots what I am doing wrong please.

Attachments

• Screenshot (205).png
    Screenshot (205).png
    230.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot (204).png
    Screenshot (204).png
    238.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot (203).png
    Screenshot (203).png
    235.2 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0
Back