01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Issue adding custom audio to camera 2CD2386G2ISU/SL?

fin

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hello

Recent attempt on the car so wanted to put an custom audio clip on the camera for line detection (my voice as they wouldn’t know of it was pre recorded)

Camera is not a “C” so is on V5.5.160 build 210416

Exact model is DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL

I’ve tried recording the audio on my iPhone, iPad, and windows computer, saved as a small file but every time I upload when it plays back it is about 1/4 speed and very deep.

Any ideas?

Hello

Recent attempt on the car so wanted to put an custom audio clip on the camera for line detection (my voice as they wouldn’t know of it was pre recorded)

Camera is not a “C” so is on V5.5.160 build 210416

Exact model is DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL

I’ve tried recording the audio on my iPhone, iPad, and windows computer, saved as a small file but every time I upload when it plays back it is about 1/4 speed and very deep.

Any ideas?
Your current audio recording could be using the AAC codec at a higher sampling rate and the camera cannot process it fast enough. Maybe reduce the audio quality by converting to g711a or g711u (mu), I think both these codecs are 8bits sampled at 64kbps.

There are specific requirements of the audio file that can be uploaded both with regard to bit rate and file size. If I can find the specs I'll post back.
In the meantime - a few strong coffees, and a couple of breaths from a helium filled balloon and re record the clip...

Edit: Convert the clip to 8Khz, Mono, WAV format.

Last edited:
Was playing around with my DS-2CD2387GH-LISU to record custom audio No Solicitations using Windows recorder (.m4u) but after converting to .wav, heard static from the camera's speaker. Logged into the camera and downloaded the custom audio to play back and confirmed it was static. Thus the online conversion program didn't work well.

Ended up using Voicemaker (text to speech) which provides free conversion a few times. There may also be file size limitation, for mine it was 512 KB.

Forgot to attach the .wav file created in case anyone else would like to use it.

Attachments

• NoSolicitations.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 38
Back