01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Simon69

Hi,

I bought my HikVision system from use-ip about 1 year ago and it generally works ok, however I have a few niggles which suggest it’s not quite set up correctly. I set up via ‘plug and play’ and I use the NVR as a virtual host for the cameras.

My issues are as follows: -
  1. Every few months, my whole system will go offline and it only returns once I reboot.
  2. When I access Hik-Connect via my iPhone 12, it often shows ‘Network is unstable. Connecting again…’ It also sometimes plays one camera (out of 6) and shows a ‘play’ button for the rest. When I select individual cameras, it can take up to 10 seconds to show the live view or it times out and shows the above message.
  3. Occasionally, the NVR and cameras all go offline together (usually after multiple attempts to view remotely after timing out – re point 2 above) however the system returns back to normal on its own after about 5 minutes.
  4. I once had an issue where the system appeared offline via two different iPhones, however when I then tried to access via my iPad, it showed ‘No more connections allowed’. Again, a reboot resolved the issue.
The issues are intermittent and can happen over WiFi (Virgin ~100mb download, ~10mb upload) or good strength 4/5g. My substream parameters are the default settings and are therefore much lower than the mainstream values. I do however have my live view on my phone set to ‘HD’ (for individual cameras) so I suspect it uses the mainstream settings instead? My firmware is up to date on the NVR, I am using the latest version of Hik-Connect and my kit is as follows: -

NVR
DS-7608NI-I2 8-channel

Cameras (set to H.265 or H.265+)
3 x DS-2CD2386G2-IU
2 x DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL
1 x DS-2CD2545FWD-IWS (This one performs/streams the best, presumably because of the lower quality)

Apologies for the long post, but I am not sure if these are all related. Happy to repost separately if required.

I have scanned through the ‘how to’ guides and other posts, but can’t see anything which matches my exact problems.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Thanks, Simon.

I suggest you post details of the firmware versions you have on your NVR and cameras. Also let us know how you connect your iPhone app to your NVR - are you using direct IP method or Hik-Connect Service?

** Post Updated **

Thanks. I guess I have found my first mistake as I set the NVR to auto install the latest firmware, however I was thinking this would do the whole system. I have added the details below, although there's a few points to highlight....

1. A manual search via the NVR / IP address suggested my current firmware version was the latest, yet I have managed to install a later version via the HikVision website.
2. I updated the DS-2CD2545FWD-IWS firmware ok.
3. I can't install the latest version for all 5 DS-2CD2386G2 cameras as I get the message.... 'Failed to get the upgrading progress'. I have tried different browsers, running as Administrator, loading from C:\digicap.dav etc. however I see from other posts I may need to go to v5.6 first? I have managed to update them all to V5.5.800 build 210628... so could this be the latest one?.... even though the HikVision site points me towards V5.7.3_211222?

Here are the firmware versions....

NVR - DS-7608NI-I2 8P
Was V4.21.005 build 190509
Now V4.60.005_220108

3 x DS-2CD2386G2-IU
Was V5.5.131 build 200220
Now V5.5.800 build 210628
Latest (according to the HikVision website but can’t update) V5.7.3_211222

2 x DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL
Was V5.5.131 build 200220
Now V5.5.800 build 210628
Latest (according to the HikVision website but can’t update) V5.7.3_211222

1 x DS-2CD2545FWD-IWS
Was V5.6.2 build 190701
Now V5.6.6_210625

Regarding how I connect, I use Hik-Connect.... although I did discover that under Network > Advanced Settings, I had a mix of ISUP and Hik-Connect configured for platform access. I have changes all cameras to Hik-Connect, but so far not seen any difference in performance.

Note: All firmware was updated one week ago and I haven't observed any improved performance yet.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back