01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

A few things I just cant work out - Licence Plate/Open Gate/

REDSCT

Hi there, I have a few questions if anyone has come across this I would really appreciate it.
I've been struggling to understand some concepts and starting to wonder if im thick or its just not possible.

So starting with the basics.

NVR - DS-7732NI-14/16
Licence Plate Camera - DS-2CD7A26G0
Gate Door Station - DS-KV8102
Indoor Station - DS-KH6310
IVMS4200- Latest Version running on a PC I leave running all the time while I work, NVR is tucked away.

The functionality I would love to achieve
1. When Line Detection is is set off, for it to open the gate, when people leave the property
2. When a licence plate is whitelist detected, open the gate, when authorised people enter the property
3. When a licence plate is detected, whitelist or blacklist, show up in IVMS Event Center
4. When my PC reboots, all IVMS events in event center are wiped clean, I can search but would be nice to keep them all.

The things I am struggling with.

1. Opening the gate, this can be done with the indoor station easily and from the IVMS connected directly to the Gate Door station there is an unlock which works manually
When opening the gate, I can see these events show up, ive marked them as red so they stick out when im mucking around

- What im not sure of here is how to tie these events together and where to tie them.
The Indoor Door station has the ability to send unlock to the gate, The IVMS has the ability to send the unlock to the gate.
Is it possible to tie the line detection going off to unlock the gate?

2. and 3. Blacklists and Whitelists
I can connect directly to the Licence Plate camera, download and upload XLS and add vehicle plates, when connecting directly to the camera under Road Traffic/Real Time, this shows its detecting correctly. There is no such setting under the NVR, it seems to be a direct camera thing.

Under the IVMS, these blacklist/whitelist events are not listed. Im not sure why they do not appear in there. Under linkage Method, Notify Surveillance Center is ticked

Im guessing if I could work that out, and the first question, then I could tie a whitelist to the same event.

4. This is a nice to have as it makes it easier to search this if needed.

Thanks for any info that might assist, I have read the documentation a million times, watched a ton of youtube and pretty much know every setting on the individual camera, NVR and IVMS blindfolded :)

I must be missing something

Thanks again

Did you solve this?

I have the same camera and I am also interested in connecting a gate. Do we really need a NVR and/or IVMS software?

Can we just connect the gate to the camera with some kind of cable?

Did you solve this?

I have the same camera and I am also interested in connecting a gate. Do we really need a NVR and/or IVMS software?

I have never done it myself but I can say that the ANPR cameras we have, have lots of different input/output cables including alarm inputs and alarm outputs. So I don't think you need an NVR or iVMS if all you want to do is control a gate. All ANPR processing is done by the camera so you should be able to configure everything directly on the camera.

See HikVisions "Quick Start Guide" for the camera you are looking at as that usually shows the connectors and what they all are. Although exactly how to wire up alarms/gates is not covered there, but you may be able to find more info by searching here and online.

Did you solve this?

Thats a good question and has got me thinking. No-one has really responded to the question but I guess what codlord said would work depending on the connectors on the camera.

Im thinking your correct if you could run a wire from the camera to the gate controller and under events based on your whitelist, configure an alarm output.

I was hoping there is a way to do this without having to run a cable directly from the camera to the gate as everything is already wired up. I guess there is no way to script anything in what I want to do either from NVR or IVMS but thanks for the idea, ill look at the connectors and see if i can wire this directly from the camera to the gate and then just configure an alarm event.

Back