01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Acusence g1/g2 lose detection area after reboot if more than 4 points in the shape used

CCTVGUY99

Hi Guru’s,

It’s been ongoing a long time but has anyone found a fix for the accusence cameras having their detection areas revert to rectangles or squares after reboot if you make a custom shape with 5 or more points in the shape?!

We have 32 DS7608 NI K2 NVR’s across the country and it’s a ball ache with the monitoring stations where you draw shapes to avoid main roads and suddenly after a reboot those detection areas revert to rectangles and cars or people start setting off excessive activations!

Wish hik would fix this bloody issue!

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Hi Guru’s,

It’s been ongoing a long time but has anyone found a fix for the accusence cameras having their detection areas revert to rectangles or squares after reboot if you make a custom shape with 5 or more points in the shape?!

We have 32 DS7608 NI K2 NVR’s across the country and it’s a ball ache with the monitoring stations where you draw shapes to avoid main roads and suddenly after a reboot those detection areas revert to rectangles and cars or people start setting off excessive activations!

Wish hik would fix this bloody issue!

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Never been fixed - I reported it to support an age ago after detailing it on this forum. I had my own NVR powered down while I did some electrical work yesterday and this morning I've had to reconfigure the motion on 6 of my cameras. I could understand it if it were an issue on one specific model or version of firmware, but it seems to affect all G2 cameras, including the new G5 platform models on the latest .801 firmware just released.

The main issue is that Hikvision support cannot be bothered to deal with genuine issues reported. You either get "that's not supported" or they completely fail to understand the issue you're reporting. The two main unresolved bugs for me at the moment are this and the playback position resetting when switching from Normal to Smart Playback (I series after V4.40.017) or Normal to Smart and Smart to Normal (K series).

Never been fixed - I reported it to support an age ago after detailing it on this forum. I had my own NVR powered down while I did some electrical work yesterday and this morning I've had to reconfigure the motion on 6 of my cameras. I could understand it if it were an issue on one specific model or version of firmware, but it seems to affect all G2 cameras, including the new G5 platform models on the latest .801 firmware just released.

The main issue is that Hikvision support cannot be bothered to deal with genuine issues reported. You either get "that's not supported" or they completely fail to understand the issue you're reporting. The two main unresolved bugs for me at the moment are this and the playback position resetting when switching from Normal to Smart Playback (I series after V4.40.017) or Normal to Smart and Smart to Normal (K series).
Yes I got that one aswell! It’s a ballache

Yes I got that one aswell! It’s a ballache
I had about 10 emails back and forth to support regarding the timeline issue. They just don't get it. Their suggestion was that I should continually click the tiny settings icon (only viewable with 20/20 vision and clickable with the deft precision of a neuro surgeons hands), uncheck the skip unrelated video and click apply - not helpful. The last I series I installed came with 4.40.017 on so I videoed it working correctly with my phone before updating it to the latest version and videoing it again broken. I've not got around to sending that to them yet as I'm trying to delay the pain and frustration of explaining it to them.....again.

Back