01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AcuSence with NVR

jobegold

Hi, I have just got hikvision 8MP nvr DS-7608NI-K2/8p along with the 8MP AcuSence DS-2CD2386G2 -ISU/SL.

I have it connected and working but I can not get the flashing light and audio warning to activate, it gives me no option on the NVR screen, I am now wondering if this NVR does not support AcuSence.
Does anybody know what I am doing wrong or if the nvr is incorrect

Hi @jobegold

You are correct that the K-series NVRs do not properly support all the AcuSense functions, your only option to control the flashing light/audio settings of the AcuSense cameras when connected to a K-series NVR is to access the camera directly, either via its own IP address with a browser if the camera is not directly connected to the NVR or if it is directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR you will need to enable Virtual Host and then log in to the individual camera.

@Dan

Is it still the case that the K-series NVRs do not fully support all AcuSense functions even when the NVR has been upgraded to the latest firmware?

Thanks

Hi @Jami3

We believe so, from checking our I-series and K-series demo NVRs we can see that the I-series menus do give you the event linkage action for the light and audio alarm, but the K-series NVRs do not. The Human/Vehicle filtering and Smart search are supported on the K-series NVRs.

Back