01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is this a camera fault?

Fastbysuzuki

Hi, I am new to cctv we have had a four cameras system installed professionally not sure of the specifics but they are 8MP hikvision acusence

On one camera we are getting a strange thing happening when it records an event. I attach a recording if you watch the cat the image seems to flash in and out, you will see what I mean. My question is, is this a camera fault?

This has happened before where a person was on the pavement opposite appeared to walk into a garden where it is not possible to do that with the same flashing as the cat both at the right hand side of the camera.

Camera fault or not

Hi, I am new to cctv we have had a four cameras system installed professionally not sure of the specifics but they are 8MP hikvision acusence

On one camera we are getting a strange thing happening when it records an event. I attach a recording if you watch the cat the image seems to flash in and out, you will see what I mean. My question is, is this a camera fault?

This has happened before where a person was on the pavement opposite appeared to walk into a garden where it is not possible to do that with the same flashing as the cat both at the right hand side of the camera.

Camera fault or not
Not a fault. Camera settings just need adjustment

Could you please advise on what setting require adjusting?
It’s not quite so simple as each camera setting impacts the others. My guess is that the cameras may have been left at their default settings. Post a picture of that cameras settings (or list them all - frames per second, resolution, bit rate, compression (H264/265)) and someone will chime in. Also you need to post the camera model and firmware version

Back