01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Acusense on NVR is slow?

moltobene

Hey everyone! I have the following Hikvision products:

NVR model: DS-7616NXI-K2
NVR firmware: V4.74.015 build 230331

Camera model: DS-2CD1347G2-L
Camera firmware: V5.7.2 build 221028

I have noticed that running Acusense on my NVR for my Colorvu camera is very slow, to the point of being practically unusable. I've set a line-crossing smart event, and I have to walk super slow in order for the NVR to trigger the event. If I walk at a normal pace or jogging it never picks it up.

The difference with Acusense running directly on the camera (when it's supported, of course) is huge. I tried disconnecting my other cameras from the NVR so that it would only process this one, but it didn't make any difference. I this something common? If it is, I'm not sure why Hikvision offers perimeter protection analysis on the NVR for non-Acusense cameras if it's basically unusable.

Thank you!

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Hi

If you mean that you have a 3 to 5 seconds delay on receiving an alarm on iVMS or NVR, this is something that cannot be fixed. For some reason the Threshold time of 0 seconds does not work and seems that Hikvision will not fix. Threshold time can be adjusted only in Intrusion Detection, but Line Crossing and Region Entrance/Exit should be 0 seconds.

If you have problems in detection

Be sure you know your camera Activation code.

Give a try with this:

• From NVR GUI or iVMS4200 or browser, camera management, delete this DS-2CD1347G2-L camera only. Power OFF the NVR.
  • From Camera GUI, iVMS4200 or browser, System-Maintenance, perform a Factory reset, Default Restore all device parameters to default settings.
  • After camera reboots, Activate and add this back to your Network via iVMS4200 or via SADP.
  • Enter your camera settings via iVMS4200 or browser. Do not enable or set anything on Event setup.
  • Setup System settings-Time Settings and save.
  • Setup Video/Audio-Display-Display info on stream-check Enable Dual VCA and save.
  • Go Storage-Schedule settings-Record schedule-select Events configure. Enable and save.
  • Go Storage management check your SD card and Format.
  • You can bypass this. Works for me without enabling and I don't know how. Events are recorded normally on SD card: Go all Event Basic and Smart and check on Linkage Method-Upload to FTP/Memory card
  • Power ON the NVR
  • Add the Camera on NVR from NVR GUI or iVMS or browser.
  • Then do the Events you want for your Camera, Basic and SMD Events, as VCA by Camera, draw your area regions, adjust Sensitivities, check Notify Surveillance Center if using iVMS, check Enable for every kind of Event you want and save.
  • Reboot the NVR.
  • Do not do any adjustments by Camera GUI, that concern Events.
Above procedure solved for me an on going problem with Detection for all kind of smart Events

Hi alfaclvi! Thank you for the instructions. I think my issue is different: the acusense powered by the NVR is very slow, feels like it doesn't have enough resources to process the video from the camera in real time, so if I move fast it completely losses me and I'm able to cross the line without any alerts at all. If I cross it super slowly, then it seems to be able to process the event accordingly since it had more time to process the video.

This is an example of me walking at a normal pace. The NVR's Acusense detects a person but is a couple of frames behind (I blurred myself)
lag.png

I think it makes sense that the NVR-powered Acusense is slower than one implemented in the camera itself, but I was surprised with the difference. It is basically useless for line crossing.

Hi @moltobene

I cannot understand, but as I can see in your example, there is a delay in Detection and as it seems, the target box does not track, but follows the target.
Do you have the same issue in Playback? You can check with iVMS because the Acusense K NVR does not yet support view VCA on Playback.
I don't know if this is a processing power issue or Decoding capability if you have too many cameras processed by your NVR.
If your camera has VCA capability, do not not use VCA by NVR mode for events.
You can also try disabling Enhanced Decoding Capability on your NVR and check the difference.
There are also new firmwares for both your Camera and NVR. You can try them too.
DS-2CD1347G2-L(UF) **check the uf option

Last edited:
Back