01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ANPR Missing Plates

Nigels89

Hello,

Hoping somebody with the same camera an firmware installed can help me out.

Ive got a DS-2CD7A26G0-P-IZS ANPR Camera with firmware V5.6.10 Build 191023 which is the latest available.

Ive noticed that if a car enters that it will capture its plate details, but if it has only been in the area for less the 4 - 5 mins it will not capture the car leaving. but seems to be working fine if a car enters then leaves say 10 mins.

When looking at the release note for the firmware. I've noticed that they have added
  • ANPR function will only upload one time alarm for vehicle, which appears many times in 4 minutes.

I've never come across this before, nor seen that update you pointed out in the release notes.
Presumably they have not provided an adjustable setting in the configuration section?
It seems this change will cause issues such as you are now experiencing :(

Hello Phil

No there are no adjustable settings for this, I can understand why they have implemented this setting in the the camera. For the propose of any parked cars in the detection area so to save the camera sending alarms every second.

Do the entering cars linger in the detection area for more than 10 seconds?

Not that I'm aware of they mainly just just go past. It's a 20MPH road but most cars are doing 30MPH max. all the angles are set correct to 30 degrees.

Also I have noticed that if a car is sitting parked up in the scene. It will capture the plate of the parked car as well as the passing car. So as Hikvision say it will only upload one time alarm in 4 mins I found it doesn't do that.

Say car went past at 12:06 then another went past at 12:08 it will upload the passing cars and the parked car.

So I found that I'll just mask the plate of the parked car.

So I've been reviewing my ANPR footage an the plate that is captures. An found the following.

Car A enters at 08:16:51 (plate captured)
Car A leaves at 08:19:33 (no plate captured)

Car B enters at 08:14:33 (plate captured)
Car B leaves at 08:17:40 (no plate captured)

But that funny thing that I have found is that Van with back doors.

Van enters at 12:08:36 (plate captured)
Van parks up in view of camera at 12:10:42 (no plate captured)
But this is the strange thing.
Van back door is opened then closed at 12:11:38 (plate captured)

An this will also happen if somebody walks in front of a plate of a car that has been parked up it will then read the plate again.

So I don't quite get Hikvision with there one time upload in 4 minutes?

The most annoying thing with this new firmware is that if vehicles are only coming in to road and turning around (which only take about 2 mins) then the ANPR will not capture them on exit. :(:(

So to day I had a bit of time to have a look at the ANPR Camera, First I tried to revert back to the original firmware but was unsuccessful. Then I thought how about if I added two lanes instead of having the whole road as one lane.

It seems to have solved the problem but the only problem, I can see is that if a car enters in lane 1 and then leaves in lane 1 because of someone is parked in lane 2 then I will be back to square one with the problems I've been having.

Found some good news today Hikvision have updated there UK Portal with new ANPR firmware for the 7 line and 4 line cameras in a new folder called ANPR. which includes the firmware for the High Performance TCM ANPR range.

The new 7 line firmware has been fixed and they have removed the 4 min issue.

Back