01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect App won't open on my Android mobile phone?

Popps

I've got android phone.
My phone did an update like they do every so often.
But now I can't even open my hik connect app!
It literally won't let me open it at all!
Has anyone had this before?
I'm guessing it's to do with my phone being updated. At least I think that's when it stopped working.

Have you tried clearing the cache? Go to APPS, find Hik-Connect, Storage, and select Clear Cache. If it still does not work, then you best option would be to uninstall and re-install it. Latest version (5.0.2) is on the Hikvision App store - Hikvision App Store
Or you may find slightly older version (4.26.1) on the Samsung Galaxy Store if your using a Galaxy phone.

I've cleared cache and it hasn't made a difference.

If I'm uninstalling and installing again what happens? How does it know to connect to my cameras? I've never done this before as the person who installed it all put it in my phone for me.

Hi @Popps

Is your phone a Samsung model?

If so, this was a known issue on an earlier version of the app, so installing the new version using the link above from @Juiceof2limes should get it working again.

The cameras are linked to your Hik-Connect account, so they will be there again when you reinstall it again when you log in again using your email address and password that you set the account up with.

It's asking me for an encryption password!

I've installed new app, put my phone number and password in, got in but it's asking me for encryption password to actually see anything!!

If you are able to logon to your cameras or NVR directly via their IP address then you can find out what your encryption/verification password is.
Simply go to:
NETWORK
ADVANCED CONFIGURATION/SETTINGS
PLATFORM ACCESS
Then reveal password under field Verification Code/Stream Encryption key.

Back