01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO Ax Pro detection and prevention - maximum number of automations?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

star.shooter

Hello everyone. I'm at my first Ax Pro build and it's a big one, so kindly asking for some help from the community.

I'm planning on setting up a system with Ax Pro and quite a handful of sensors, detectors and automation for a smart home, with focus both on intrusion and prevention.
The plan is that the system would have at heart the DS-PWA96-M-WE with:
- 16 motion sensors (DS-PDP15P-EG2-WE)
- 10 smoke sensors (DS-PDSMK-E-WE) - 1 per key room
- 6 leak sensors (DS-PDWL-E-WE) - 1 in each bathroom/kitchen/technical room
- 1 temperature/humidity sensor
- 2 magnetic contacts - 1 per each of the 2 main doors
- 3 simple 220v relays (DS-PM1-O1H-WE)
- 1 LCD keyboard
- 2 remote controls
- 1 rf id with 2/3 tags
- 2-3 panic buttons
- 1 interior and 1 exterior siren
- 1 smart plug
- Probably 1-2 repeaters, based on signal strength (it's a timberframe house, not sure how that impacts signal strength through walls)

All motion sensors and magnetic contacts should trigger the sirens when system is armed
Any of the smoke sensors detecting smoke should trigger one of the relays that will in turn shut down the power, as well as trigger inside siren, no matter if system is armed or disarmed
Any of the leak sensors detecting water should close two electric water valves (warm and cold) and the internal siren, no matter if system is armed or disarmed.
The temperature/humidity sensor should activate the smart plug based on humidity (it would power on a dehumidifier).

All in all, it's quite a large number of events/automations that would be programmed into the Ax pro and I cannot find anywhere which is the maximum number it can take and it's limited based on the central board or each device has its own limitations in terms of events (ie - am I able to create 10 individual events, 1 per smoke sensor, each one triggering the same relay?) The seller told me he remembers roughly maximum number of automations would be 8 per total system, which seems really low, I'm hoping he's wrong.

Additionally, I'm also installing a NVR Ds-7716NXI-I4/S(E) with about 12 cameras - 4x Ds-2cd2t63g2-4i-2 and 8xDs-2cd2t83g2-2i-2. Am I able to connect this to the Ax Pro as well to create one integrated system?

Thank you all for your support.

What you just described, some of those automations are by default and does not count as automation per se. Such as triggering siren or 24h zone

Overall you can do what you have just described perfectly fine.

Even if you extend your system with more automations such as 3 or 4x there is still a way with API.

Thank you @trempa92, that's reassuring.
In the end, is there a maximum number for those automations and now, for curiosity, what would be the API used?

maximum number of actual relays you can connect to PWA96 is: 96 meaning if no other zone is connected it will take 96 zones.

You can do 1 rule per relays, but multiple event triggers.
Event triggers: Arm/Disarm/Alarm/Schedule/Manual/,..
Event source : Single zone or multiple zones, single area, multiple areas.

Hope i gave somewhat estimate

I knew about maximum zones and about 1 rule per relay, I wasn't sure about event (triggers/sources) - basically the most events would be on my power-cutting relay, which needs to be triggered by any of the 10 smoke sensors. But even there, if it's similar to the Paradox I installed back in the days in my previous home, I think if needed I can put several smoke sensors into the same area and create a trigger by area.

Many thanks!

Back