01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Bullet Camera selection

oceanuser

Our company has DS-2CD2045FWD-I installed across a range of our boats as a navigation aid. We are seeing frequent problems with water ingress causing condensation and fog on the inner face of the glass lens. We are having to replace faulty cameras with new cameras.

What would be the most reliable bullet camera offered by Hikvision for a marine environment that would be comparable to the DS-2CD2045FWD-I?
Bullet camera with 4MP resolution, Power Supply 12 VDC, IR range up to 30m, Powered by Darkfighter.

Hi @oceanuser

Your requirements are very specific, technically none of the main range of Hikvision bullet cameras are rated for marine environments.

You would only get substantially better ingress protection from a bullet camera by upgrading to one of these Anti-Corrosion/Underwater Hikvision Cameras

But these varifocal models will be very expensive (around £1,000) and they will be built-to-order on long lead times.

The current equivalent of the 2045FWD (IP67 rated) would be the DS-2CD2047G2-LU 4MP ColorVu Bullet Camera (IP67 rated).

Dan beat me to it!

Unfortunately, there isn't a direct stainless steel replacement for the DS-2CD2045FWD-I, but the closest would be this 2MP varifocal bullet:

I've attached a PDF that compares these two models in case it's of ant help.

Attachments

• DS-2XC6645G0(D) vs DS-2CD2045FWD-I comparison.pdf
    802.4 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: Dan
Hi guys,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've been reviewing different options that are comparable. I suppose the issue I have is that most cameras are IP67 so it is very difficult to say whether one solution will be better than the other in terms of condensation. From reviewing this forum, it seems condensation and fog is a known issue across a number of camera models, so I was wondering if anyone had any luck with a particular model.

Although it's a marine environment the cameras wouldn't be submerged, and we haven't really seen many failures due to corrosion. So although it's interesting I think the underwater option is a hard sell.

We have been applying modified silcone conformal coating to the seam/joint of the perimeter of the front lens. Are there any alternative coatings or sealants that we could trial that would close off this potential leak path?

Reactions: Dan
The physical design of the Hikvision Mini Bullets has changed quite a lot since the days of the 2045FWD, since we've been selling the 2046G2/2047G2 models I can't remember having any of them returned due to water/moisture ingress (but at the same time, very few of them were probably installed in marine environments).

Thanks Dan, the 2046G2 seem like a good option to trial.
Would you know if the 2045FWD and the 2046G2 have Silica gel bags inside the casing of the camera that needs to be replaced when saturated?

They might do, but you would probably need to disassemble the camera to access the area behind the lens where the Silica would usually be, maybe try with the 2045FWD first.

Back